Lets jerk a pork loin

Started by westexasmoker, June 25, 2008, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Good job.Me likie this one very nice.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

westexasmoker

Dang, Dang, double Dang the duck has me figuired out...its all pecan, all pecan I must hide the remaining pecan and then into stronghold with mesquite and several guns till they find me....Dang, Dang....Double dang!!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

WTS.... its hard to trick the Duck... LOL
I'm sure the proper authorities have been notified and are preparing to confiscate the non-mesquite wood from your premises. This probable includes any left over smoked products in the household.  ;D

On a more serious note, how well did the habs kick up the heat level in the loin? I bet that same technique would be great on a beef loin.

westexasmoker

Had a nice little kick to it, but I honestly think it could use a couple more habs thrown in, thats the plan for the next one, and I've got another twist with it that I'm thinking of trying.  ;D

C

Mr Walleye

Quote from: westexasmoker on June 28, 2008, 05:26:37 AM
I've got another twist with it that I'm thinking of trying.  ;D

C

Let me guess.....

More Mesquite!  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

QuoteI've got another twist with it that I'm thinking of trying.

Hmmm..... a twist? I know, you are going to use apple or maple wood this time!  ;D

I wondered how much heat would work its way into the meat since it was only rubbed on the outside. Maybe try making a small slice into the meat and put some of the spices on the inside then tie up to finish as before? Did it stay moist inside, the pic looked awesome, great job.

westexasmoker

I like the way you think Mike!

Pens yep stayed nice and moist, I think the key there is not letting IT get over 150 maybe 155 at the most!  And you must of read my mind (not a hard thing to do!) I'm thinking butterfly the loin so a layer of the jerk mix is wrapped up in the middle would be oh so good.....although thats not the twist....gotta get me another loin soon I reckon!

C

westexasmoker

Okie Dokie scored another loin at the store, pretty much the same as above, did add a few more habaneros and some chipolte peppers to the mix.  As we talked this one got butterflied

Then covered and smothered and stuffed with the baby poop, tie with butchers twine and into the smoke!

Hit IT of 150 and pulled to rest a bit, mixed up some honey, molasses, bourbon and bbq sauce for a nice little glaze.  Gave it a kinda spicy sweet taste, very good!

C

bigcatdaddy

Looking good brother.........How did it taste?

BCD

westexasmoker

Thanks BCD,

If ya like spicy it was most excellent, the chipolte gave it a real nice kick and butterflying kept a nice layer of mix in the middle (you can kinda make it out in the last pic)  I'm not sure I'll do the glaze again on this recipe, its my standard ham glaze, good but this is all about the jerk and some heat!

C

westexasmoker

Forgot I took pics of these this weekend, got too busy with other projects!  Another jerked loin same routine as before, but cut two trenches in the loin (should have cut deeper)!  4.4 lb pork loin, trenched and of course the proverbial baby poop!

Into the fridge overnight and then tied with twine.  Into the smoker with 4 hours of mesquite smoke.

Pulled with IT of 150, and FTC for a few hours!

Also forgot to take pics last night of the sliced, I was tired and hungry, but this is for tonights warm up.  You can kinda see the trenches that need to be deeper.

C

West Coast Kansan

Very nice,  I am putting this in my favorite places.  Renamed BabyPoopPorkLoin so it will be easy to pick out of the crowd.   ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

beefmann

thought WTS said he used oak... let me  look ...  ok ok  he  used  hickory

where da beef

Smokin Soon

WTS, have you ever tried injecting your pork loins? I use one of those Cajun Injector thingies and you can get just as much garlic, heat, and spices as you wish. I usually pump the standard 10% of the weight of the meat, but it let's you know when it's full by shooting out the holes you made. It's fun to test brines and injections with a loin. My problem is that I don't keep notes! And did you really use pecan????

IKnowWood

Made one of these Jerk Pork Loins.  It sure was tasty, the Jalapenos on the top were excellent treat.  Trouble was the Heart Burn overnight.  Some times "tastes so good" ends up hurting so much. 

May not do another for a while, or mix it different.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes