• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hunters Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 28, 2008, 03:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

My neighbor calls me up say hey Rick can you make me some jerky for opening day. Sure bring it on over. So he brings bottom round
I hate making jerky from bottom round.

Anyway i cut it up, kinda fatty i say and he says no biggie  ;D

Mix up some private reserve hunters marinade  ;D

And then Reveo it.

I said to him that every freakin bambie in the forrest is goin to smell this ya know  :D  :D

nepas

Smoking Duck

Looks great Nepas.  Of course, you know there's always one big buck in the woods with a drinking problem....he's the one you're after.  Works better than doe pee  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

NePaSmoKer

My neighbor better give me a geer for this. Up at 4:25 in the freakin morning to finish his jerky  :o Its right up your alley wts its mesquite smoked  ;D

nepas

Stargazer

That looks real tasty  :P

I'm ready to break out some deer meat from the freezer and do up a batch this morning. Thats got my tummy growling now.

I seen those reveo's in my sausage catalouges. Are they really that good for marinading?
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Stargazer on November 29, 2008, 01:30:42 AM
That looks real tasty  :P

I'm ready to break out some deer meat from the freezer and do up a batch this morning. Thats got my tummy growling now.

I seen those reveo's in my sausage catalouges. Are they really that good for marinading?

Yeah you cant beat em, go from 12/24 hour marinade to 20 mins  ;D

nepas

Stargazer

Hey, thanks a million Nepa. I wasn't sure if I should put that on my list for future things to get later on, but its now on the list :D

Man, I wish I wasnt so tired, and wish I had some thawed deer meat right now. I could make up some infernal hot jerky for tomorrow morning. I'm a sucker for old westerns and hotter then hot jerky :D

Thanks again
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Stargazer on November 29, 2008, 01:50:30 AM
Hey, thanks a million Nepa. I wasn't sure if I should put that on my list for future things to get later on, but its now on the list :D

Man, I wish I wasnt so tired, and wish I had some thawed deer meat right now. I could make up some infernal hot jerky for tomorrow morning. I'm a sucker for old westerns and hotter then hot jerky :D

Thanks again

Anytime

I think i have seen the reveos pretty cheap.

nepas

FLBentRider

How long was the jerky in the dehydrator ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 29, 2008, 05:27:28 AM
How long was the jerky in the dehydrator ?

I had to use my od dehydrator in the house cuz my Cabelas is in the garage ad its too dang cold out to make the walk  ;D

My old dehydrator took 9 hours @150* My Cabelas would have taken around 5.

nepas

Smokin Soon

Nepa, at what outside temp would you think the Cabela's dehydrator would be affected to the point of not working well??

Gizmo

Quote from: Stargazer on November 29, 2008, 01:50:30 AM

Thanks again

Try the Hi-Mountain Inferno seasoning and then kick that up with a couple of ground up dried NAGA peppers.  My nephews went nuts over it at Thanksgiving.  Taking it back to their college buddies.  I think there are going to be a few surprises for them.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on November 29, 2008, 07:19:20 PM
Nepa, at what outside temp would you think the Cabela's dehydrator would be affected to the point of not working well??

SS

It was 34* last night and my dehydrator had a hard time getting to 130* I guess if my garage was insulated and dry walled i wouldnt have a prob.

nepas

LilSmoker

Wow Nepas!, that jerky really does look top notch!

I think without doubt you're the jerky king!

LilSmoker......
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Up In Smoke

stargazer,
i have a reveo also and don't know how i ever got along without it.
it is well worth the investment.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: LilSmoker on November 30, 2008, 12:12:25 AM
Wow Nepas!, that jerky really does look top notch!

I think without doubt you're the jerky king!

LilSmoker......

Thanks Lil

Opening day is tomorrow and my nehighbor already ate half the bag, there are 4 going out so i'm sure i will get some bamby  ;D

nepas