• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Ribs

Started by seemore, December 06, 2008, 03:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 11, 2008, 08:00:26 PM
I just dont like super salty stuff...bacon..... If it makes me thirsty for the whole evening, its just too much.

That sounds like good beer bacon.  Better be careful or the bars will be hiring you to provide the bar snaks to increase their profits.   :P
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

So...that would make you drink more beer??? Kool!!! Hey Giz...I need to hire him for the pub!!!???  ;D

Gizmo

They say that is why they give away salty peanuts and popcorn at the bars, to increase the liquid quencher.  Some places also add a lot of pepper to the popcorn.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 11, 2008, 08:00:26 PM
I just dont like super salty stuff. My Bacon, Buckboard Bacon, Canadian Bacon gets 2 two hour soaks before smoking and all friends agree it's tasty. Some have said that my previous smokes with only 30 minutes of soak heve been a bit too salty. If it makes me thirsty for the whole evening, its just too much.

What volume of water are you soaking the loins in. I use at least 3 gallons.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

Habs, the pot I use for soaking is about 2 gal. Would more volume mean less soak time?

Habanero Smoker

I find the larger the volume of water the more salt is drawn out, and it seems to be quicker. Two gallons should be alright, as long as you don't crowd the pot; less then two 4 pound loins. But if you are having good results with what you are currently doing, I would continue. I was just curious.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Dex

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 11, 2008, 04:33:10 PM
I've seen it here in Indiana.  If it will help produce ribs like that, might have to put it on the grocery list.

SD

SD - Where in Indiana are you?

Smoking Duck

Near South Bend in the north-central part of the state about 5 minutes south of the Michigan border

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Dex

Right on. Im down in Indianapolis. My brother lives up around the Culver/Plymoth area. He works in South Bend though at the TV station.

So needless to say you arent far away.... some some good smokins my way next time you are at it  8)

Smokin Soon

Dex, that does trigger some memories. I spent 2 years and one summer at Culver Military Academy. Back in those days, they could and did hurt you! Was in the Culver Black Horse Troop 64-65. Kinda fun, but a hard to put a kid in a harsh military thing. It's a country club now that they cannot lay a finger on you.

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Dex on December 22, 2008, 05:26:08 PM
Right on. Im down in Indianapolis. My brother lives up around the Culver/Plymoth area. He works in South Bend though at the TV station.

So needless to say you arent far away.... some some good smokins my way next time you are at it  8)

Cool.....I've spent many a day down there.  Even duck and goose hunted on the lake there by the academy a couple of times.  They have some pretty decent restaurants down there.  I think one of them is called the Corn Dance Cafe.  If you're coming up, just let me know...I'll find something to throw in the Bradley

SD

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 22, 2008, 05:56:41 PM
Dex, that does trigger some memories. I spent 2 years and one summer at Culver Military Academy. Back in those days, they could and did hurt you! Was in the Culver Black Horse Troop 64-65. Kinda fun, but a hard to put a kid in a harsh military thing. It's a country club now that they cannot lay a finger on you.

I believe I was one of the last groups that went through basic training where they could put their hands on you.  Believe it or not, I listened to my father who told me when I go to boot camp, keep your mouth closed and your eyes and ears open.  That was the best advice I had received from him (well that and the one that women were devious creatures  ;D).  The thing I'll always remember was the chowderhead that pointed the weapon the wrong way on the firing range......all I saw was this steel pot flying about 70 feet downrange when the drill seargent booted the guy in the head.  Whew, I still get a chuckle out of that  ;D