Smoked Pickled Venison Sausage

Started by NePaSmoKer, April 02, 2009, 08:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I smoked allot of venison in Jan, vac sealed and froze. Today I am going to see how it tastes pickled. Only doing 1 bag to see if its going to work, Dont want to ruin allot of the venison  ;D

Vac sealed smoked venison sausage.

In the qt jar.

Waiting for the mix to cool down. Dont want hot mix extruding the pork fat out of the sausage  ;D

I will post filled jar later after it cools.

nepas

westexasmoker

I'm liking this plan Nepas!  Can't wait to see the outcome!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

I used cider vinegar in this.

All sealed now the waiting game.

nepas

smokeitall

That venison sausage looks great.  Is that a recipe that you can share with us  ;)

I have a couple of more pounds of venison left and wouldn't mind making some that look like that.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeitall on April 02, 2009, 03:35:15 PM
That venison sausage looks great.  Is that a recipe that you can share with us  ;)

I have a couple of more pounds of venison left and wouldn't mind making some that look like that.

I have to dig out my recipe on it.

Here is the link to my making it.  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9168.0

nepas

MRH

NePa,

Looks interesting ;D  Can't wait to see how it works out for you.

Mark

Wattles

how long you gonna let that pickle before tasting?
looks GOOD.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Wattles on April 07, 2009, 03:25:53 PM
how long you gonna let that pickle before tasting?
looks GOOD.

Ate one today, pretty good. Was going to take a pic but something wrong with my cam  :'(

nepas

Smokin Soon

I have stated in another post that pickled sausage can revive a cook that you might have cooked a little too much. As I sit here munching on some Cajun sausages that I did not pull when I should have, I have some premium pickled sausages after 5 days in the juice. It sort of revives our theory of "there are no bad cooks"