Bisquette of the month (season) club?

Started by Smokeville, April 26, 2009, 01:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

I just suggested this to Bradley Marketing via e-mail....

What about a Bisquette flavour of the month club?? I've belonged to a coffee of the month club for almost 20 years. Each month they mail me a different blend or roast or country of origin.

If Bradley could make it work at a good price, would you join it?

Stupid me!!!! See a few posts down!!!!

Wildcat

I have done the coffee thing myself in the past.  I would not do the same with the Bradley briquettes though for a couple of reasons.  First, I have a large amount that I picked up when Chez folded.  Second, I do not want all of the flavors they provide.  Another thing that comes into play is that Bradley probably does not want to interfere with the businesses that carry their products.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokeville

Thanks, Wildcat....

I guess if we had them ship automatically each month, that would be an issue if we didn't like the choice.... but, that's part of the fun of not knowing what you get... maybe they could suggest some recipes that come with the box???

I don't know how the retail side would react. I have trouble getting a selection here in Toronto. (I'm actually in Oakville and only Canadian Tire and Barbeques Galore carry a limited selection). I just bought 10 boxes on eBay and even with shipping I saved a bit of money.

Smokeville

STUPID me!

What I meant to say was that the flavour of the season would be something we hadn't tried before!!!!!

Like plum, chestnut, or some of those odd woods that are mentioned but unless we live in the bush are never found.......

Wildcat

Now I would like to see a larger variety.  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

I like this plan...first month mesquite...second month mesquite...third month mesquite.....mesquite..mesquite...mesquite!!!   ;D  Sign me up!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokeville

If Bradley likes this idea I want a lifetime free supply.....

La Quinta

WTS...our predictable buddy...I like the idea of wood of the month...or perhaps quarter...look at Harry and Davids...you can pick and choose which fruit you'd like, which program you'd choose....I don't see why the pucks couldn't be the same...and as far as the distributors...give them incentives to push the wood of the month club...? Mix and match...may cost ya a little more but you get what you want...plus they are shipped automatically...SWEET.... :)

NePaSmoKer

Sounds cool, sorta like cigar of the month club  :D  :D

With new flavors like peach, pear, plum, almond, pomegranate.

nepas

smokeitall

I'm in, I can't find all of the flavors at the stores by me, so its not like they would be losing any money anyway since they don't carry them.

deb415611

It does sound cool.   I think for me personally that every month would be too much but a quarterly thing would be about right. 

Smokeville

Quote from: deb415611 on April 27, 2009, 04:13:05 PM
It does sound cool.   I think for me personally that every month would be too much but a quarterly thing would be about right. 

Since they are all packed in 12-packs, there could be some options....

The coffee I buy has no fancy packaging for marketing, so no need here either.

Rich

lumpy

Hey Gullrock,
Try Westcoastsmoker, he has a great selection of pucks at the lowest price I have seen.

Also if your in the area, Natural Sports in Kitchener has a good selection of pucks for under $20 a box of 48.

Just to add, I think the flavor of the month would be a great idea!

Lumpy

Smokeville

Quote from: lumpy on May 08, 2009, 07:30:32 PM
Hey Gullrock,
Try Westcoastsmoker, he has a great selection of pucks at the lowest price I have seen.

Also if your in the area, Natural Sports in Kitchener has a good selection of pucks for under $20 a box of 48.

Just to add, I think the flavor of the month would be a great idea!

Lumpy

Hi Lumpy;

I managed to buy some from Bradley on eBay at a good price.... I've now got 20 boxes of various pucks in the garage! Even with shipping I came out ahead.

Both Barbeques Galore and CanTire sell them, and BG is $5 more than CanTire!!

Rich

Smokeville

I just wanted to bump this up because I still think a flavour of the month would be a great idea.

I would love plum, peach and other fruit woods.

How about lilac?