E1 Error Message

Started by Michael, April 26, 2009, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward176

Welcome to the Forum Captain Pickles

kirkdickinson

I got a continuity tester and tested the cable. It works on both ends. I took off the back cover and the outside (ground?) of the plug does not have continuity to the wires coming out of the recepticle. I probed the inside of the plug to the terminal on the back and there is no continuity. Looks like the recepticle is bad.

What should I do now?

Thanks,

Kirk

Habanero Smoker

Hi kirkdickinson,

Welcome to the foprum.

Since you have the back cover off check the continuity of the wire that has the inline fuse. If you do not get a reading that may need to be replaced. The inline fuse is a small cylinder fuse that is attached to a red wire on both ends.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

kirkdickinson

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 08, 2020, 01:47:45 PM
Hi kirkdickinson,

Welcome to the foprum.

Since you have the back cover off check the continuity of the wire that has the inline fuse. If you do not get a reading that may need to be replaced. The inline fuse is a small cylinder fuse that is attached to a red wire on both ends.

Is the fuse in the controller box or inside the smoker box? I took the back cover off the smoker box but not the controller. I don't remember seeing any fuse in there. I think the receptacle is bad. No continuity from the outer ring to the pin on the back of the receptacle.

Habanero Smoker

When you stated the back cover I thought you were speaking about the smoker box (cabinet). The inline fuse is located by removing the back panel of the smoker box (cabinet). I believe it is connected to the hot wire, just follow that - the fuse is very visible. If you are just testing the continuity from terminal to terminal a the receptacle you don't know where the break in the circuit is at. Have you followed the wiring and tested various sections of the wiring to find where the break in the circuit is occurring?

If the inline fuse is blown your continuity test will fail. Another possibility could by a bad element that will cause a break in the circuit. To test the element, you will need to unhook the wires, use a multimeter to test the Ohms and you should get a reading or between 27 - 32 ohms.

Click on the link below to see a picture of the inline fuse:

Inline Fuse - Digital Models

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Windrunner

Quote from: darkswitch155 on January 07, 2018, 07:56:59 AM
If temps are too cold the smoker will show this error. I put a pot of boiling water in the smoker , waited 15mins then the error code was gone. Tested this today, I live on Michigan and it was a freezing 14F today. I have a digital 4 rack bradley, also didnt have any issues getting the smoker up to temp.

Thanks Darkswitch -- same weather here.  -21* yesterday and although its 18* today, the unit was COLD.   I had both an E and E1 error.  Put a small space heater inside the smoker and brought the control unit inside the house.  15 minutes later, both were warm and error codes were gone! 

Edward176

Interesting!!! I've been bringing my electronic/bisquette feeder into the house as well when its that cold out. Once its warmed up and smoke cabinet is warn no issues at all. Its just me standing and smoking in my ice cold garage that needs the heater..

Sterlca

I had the E1 error this morning. Located in Canada and it was -10 deg C here this morning.  My smoker is located in an unheated shed. After playing with the small sensor wire I could make it so the error was intermittent, but the still unusable.  I cleaned both pins/sockets and added dielectric grease.  Solved my issue.  I suspect the cold contributed to the bad connection.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Sterlca;

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the additional information on how to fix an E1 error.

I
         don't
                   inhale.