• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

LEM 5lb Stuffer

Started by Caribou, May 03, 2009, 10:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Hi everyone!
Remember me??  I've been kind of MIA I know.  :( Hopefully things will slow down around here soon.  I have 3mos off during summer so I have a lot of smoking projects planned for then.
My folks want to buy me a 5lb stuffer since they are the recipients of so much of my smoking and canning projects.
They were looking at an LEM 5lb stuffer sold by an Amazon affiliate for $145 plus $10 to ship it.  I've seen some folks on this site that are happy with this brand.
I would appreciate any other reviews or suggestions of other brands.  And I was wondering if this was a good price?
Thanks!
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Hi Stranger  ;D

The LEM stuffer is good but kinda pricey. There are other 5lb stuffers that are just as good and cost less. I got mine for $89 here.

http://www.psseasoning.com/index.cfm/act/product.view/category_id/28/product_id/2264

Just as good and have had no problems with it.

nepas

Caribou

Thanks Rick!
I have been a stranger!  How are you doing?  are you recovering from surgery ok?
I've been visiting and enjoying your blog...as always!
I'll check out that stuffer right now.
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on May 03, 2009, 10:58:34 AM
Thanks Rick!
I have been a stranger!  How are you doing?  are you recovering from surgery ok?
I've been visiting and enjoying your blog...as always!
I'll check out that stuffer right now.
Carolyn

Doing good how have you been. Surgery went well i just cant eat as much  :D  just doing bbq and smoking in smaller batches

nepas

deb415611

Carolyn,

Good to see you!   

I have this one    http://www.grizzlyindustrial.com/products/5-lb-Vertical-Sausage-Stuffer-SS/H6252    and while I haven't made as much sausage as Nepas it has worked well.  Someone on the forum had recommended it at some point.  10.5 maybe?  It's a little cheaper than the other two at $69.95 but I'm not sure of shipping costs.

Deb

Caribou

Thanks Deb!
Hope Saffron is doing well!
It's good to be here again, I'll check out that one, too!
Rick's inspired me on these meat sticks but they take geologic time to stuff with the KA stuffer attachment though I'm fine with it on the larger diameter casings.

Rick, I'm glad you are doing well! And feeling well enough to do what you enjoy again.
On top of working I had a couple of teaching credential exams I had to take which took up all my free time, then I was working on some job apps and then when finished my folks came and visited for a couple weeks.
My dad and I went turkey hunting and he ate up all my snack sticks!  He got a HUGE turkey, a 23lb Merrium turkey!  :o
I'll be putting that on my blog soon.
Carolyn

Roadking

I have a 5 lb. stuffer I like it but I sure wish it was a 10 lb. stuffer with electric drive. I very seldom make a mix that is less then 10 lb. and would rather load the stuffer only once. Also the extra hand would be nice (if it were electric) when I'm doing sausage.
Borrowed a friend of mines 25 lb. electric when we where cutting up 7 deer and what a pleasure, would have never made it with my 5 lb.er

Gizmo

Quote from: Caribou on May 03, 2009, 11:34:48 AM
My dad and I went turkey hunting and he ate up all my snack sticks!  He got a HUGE turkey, a 23lb Merrium turkey!  :o
I'll be putting that on my blog soon.

Hey, I want an invite next spring turkey season please.   :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Roadking

Hey Caribou,
My daughter lives in Sagle and works at the hospital there.

Tenpoint5

Carolyn, I have the Grizzly stuffer and for the money it will do you just fine. I see you got all the fruit trees planted and deer and rabbit proofed. You did miss out on the Iron Chef. We will catch you next time around when we have one. I think everyone enjoyed doing this one and talking trash to each other. I know I did.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoked

I'm very happy with my LEM 5 lb stuffer-- I originally did lots of comparing on-line, and the LEM offered metal gears while many others were plastic-- just seemed a bit more durable in my opinion.

Smoked

Caribou

Thanks everyone!
Roadking,
I'm not too far south of your daughter, I'm just north of Hayden.
Gizmo,
Have you turkey hunted before?  I'm kind of new to it.
I did lurk around and watch the Iron chef competion...I will definitely participate next time!
Nothing has eating the fruit trees...yet!
Smoked,
That is interesting info to know about the gears.  If you don't mind me asking: Do you remember what you paid for it?
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Carolyn,
The plastic gears will treat you just fine. You just have to except that the last 1/4 of the sausage just isn't going to come out no matter how hard you press the plunger down. I think that is how people strip the gears out. Not the gears fault it the guy cranking on the handle. When the plunger stops going down you are at the bottom so stop and refill.

You was lurking on the Iron Chef and didn't reply to the Chicken Lady call out? How dare you Carolyn!!!! :D :D ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

Quote from: Caribou on May 03, 2009, 06:41:13 PM

Gizmo,
Have you turkey hunted before?  I'm kind of new to it.

Only 3 times and the first time was on crutches with a torn ACL.
Wasn't bad until my hunting parnter pointed to a bull across the pasture we had to cross and he said "just be careful, the bull is not friendly and can charge, but remember, I can run faster than you".  Ah, yah, you think?

Never saw any but heard a few way off in the distance.

I use to belong to the Wild Turkey Federation when the chapter first opened in San Diego.  Help with the fundraisers to get turkeys released here.  Lot of politics.  Problem with SOCal is the public land is severly restricted by the huggers and most of what can be hunted is not accessible without crossing private property which is not always easy to get permission.  The private clubs want the purchase price of a house to join, and the cost of a new Benz for yearly dues.  Guess the store will have to do.   :(
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Hi Carolyn;

Welcome back.

The 5 pound stuffer I have I got from Gander Mt. and I'm very pleased with it.

The gears are actually made from nylon, not plastic. Nylon is a very strong material.

Gander Mt. 5 lb. Stuffer

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)