• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

LEM 5lb Stuffer

Started by Caribou, May 03, 2009, 10:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Hey 10.5,
I must not have lurked thoroughly enough, I would have definitely responded to a chicken lady call!  :D
Gizmo,
My biggest fear when I hunt here is being stomped by a moose, I see them sometimes when I go out hunting.  This last week I saw 3 elk when I was coming back from turkey hunt which was cool. 
My folks live in SoCal and my dad always talks about hunting for turkeys in SD county but has never done it.
He left all of his decoys here when he left last week, so I guess he isn't acting on it the notion of hunting SD county.
Thanks HB,
I will check out the Gander Mt stuffer.
Carolyn

sherlock

If your not in hurry, watch ebay. I bought a 5 # Grizzley. It has nylon gears and I have used it heavily for two years without a problem. Pd $37 including shipping. I usually always make 10 or 15  pounds and a 10 # unit would be nice but I get by without it. I do think I will buy and electric unit sometime because my sausage stuffing buddy is not with me anymore and I miss the extra hands. As far as pushing all the sausage out, my Grizzley gets
it all out except for about enough the make a meatball, (maybe 3 oz).

Good luck with whatever you get. You will wonder why you waited to get one.

nathan

NePaSmoKer

My stuffer has the nylon gears also, never had any problems like nathan said. There will be a small amount of meat at the bottom of the stuffer, i get just barely enough to make a 3" round patty. Whichever stuffer you get you will enjoy it. So stuff away.

SO THERE  ;D

nepas

Caribou

Thanks Nathan, I will check out Ebay because I am not in a hurry since I do have my KA set up...for now.
That sounds like a very good price!
Rick,
I thought you ran a piece of bread through it?
just kidding! ;)
But I do use your bread method on my KA stuffer because it has that auger/worm thingie in it.
You're a genius!
So there!  :D
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on May 04, 2009, 07:11:02 AM
Thanks Nathan, I will check out Ebay because I am not in a hurry since I do have my KA set up...for now.
That sounds like a very good price!
Rick,
I thought you ran a piece of bread through it?
just kidding! ;)
But I do use your bread method on my KA stuffer because it has that auger/worm thingie in it.
You're a genius!
So there!  :D
Carolyn

Next time i put bread through it maybe i will have a sausage/bread stick ready to smoke  ;D

nepas

smokeitall

I have had the grizzly for a couple of years and have never had a problem, and have probably put over 250 lbs through it.

Father Tom

Deb, Caribou, I wish i had seen the Grizzley when i was looking.  Got my 5# from the Sausage Maker.  Over $200.  It has Nylon gear but was sent a steel one as a free gift?????BS???????.

Yes San Diego brings back many memories.  Buddy and I had the pent house there in Pacific Beach.  4944 Cash St, but that was 35 years ago.   Anyway good luck on the Stuffer.

Tom

Caribou

Thanks Tom,
I have never purchased anything from Sausage Maker, still very new to this, but I love their catalog!  They look like they  have everything anyone would need.
I'm not from SD but growing up just north in OC we visited SD a lot.  We would fish for sand bass in the bay and for calico bass out in Pt Loma kelp, too.  Very good memories.  :)
Carolyn

lumpy

I own a LEM 5#er and love it. It stuffs easy and there is hardly any leftover.  They may be a bit pricier but IMHO, I think they are worth the extra.

BTW, I purchased mine from Cabela's.

Lumpy

Caribou

Thanks Lumpy!
Actually I was going to post an update on this thread and a big thank you to every body for sharing their ideas.
I forwarded the posts and the links for all the stuffers to my folks, since they were buying this for me, and my dad got his heart set on the LEM because of the steel gears.
So, yesterday they ordered one for me from a site called "Everything Kitchens"  here's the link:
http://www.everythingkitchens.com/LEM-5-lb-sausage-stuffer.html
It was $139.99, shipping included.
If I was spending my own $$ I would have gone with something less spendy, you guys gave great suggestions...but I'm not looking a gift stuffer in the mouth!  ;)
Rick,
I'll be making some snack sticks soon...so, there!
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on May 08, 2009, 06:18:58 PM
Thanks Lumpy!
Actually I was going to post an update on this thread and a big thank you to every body for sharing their ideas.
I forwarded the posts and the links for all the stuffers to my folks, since they were buying this for me, and my dad got his heart set on the LEM because of the steel gears.
So, yesterday they ordered one for me from a site called "Everything Kitchens"  here's the link:
http://www.everythingkitchens.com/LEM-5-lb-sausage-stuffer.html
It was $139.99, shipping included.
If I was spending my own $$ I would have gone with something less spendy, you guys gave great suggestions...but I'm not looking a gift stuffer in the mouth!  ;)
Rick,
I'll be making some snack sticks soon...so, there!
Carolyn

Thats great Carolyn. Just holler if you need some help.

So There  :D  ;D

PM me and i will give you my # if you have any questions.

nepas

Father Tom

;D Your looling good Carolyn.  Now that you have the stuffer, anything is possible. You will be surprised at all the new friends you will have when they taste all the good stuff you will be making. 
Yes i know OC.  Great area..... fishing, diving, saling, YES I do REMEMBER!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tom

Caribou

Thanks Rick,
You are already my sausage making guru!
I'll be contacting you for help...so there!

Thanks Tom,
I think now with my new stuffer I'll be able to control the universe!!!
(Insert evil laugh here!)
Or maybe make great sausage!  :D :D :D :D
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on May 09, 2009, 11:26:39 AM
Thanks Rick,
You are already my sausage making guru!
I'll be contacting you for help...so there!

Thanks Tom,
I think now with my new stuffer I'll be able to control the universe!!!
(Insert evil laugh here!)
Or maybe make great sausage!  :D :D :D :D
Carolyn

Anythime my friend  ;D

so there  :D  ;D

nepas

sherlock

iF ANYBODY ELSE IS INTERESTED, THERE ARE SEVERAL ON EBAY RIGHT NOW

Scuse the caps

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380123886771