• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

PJ's Hoagie

Started by Tenpoint5, May 07, 2009, 03:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

First take a brat out of the casing and smash flat, I had some bulk Kielbasa meat for this one. Keep bun length.

Add a little spicy mustard. I had some Wasabi Lime Mustard.

Throw on some cheese, and some Kraut (forgot the kraut pic)

Wrap it all back up.

Then Wrap it with BACON!!!

Get you a whole plate full

Smoke or Grill them indirect with some Hickory until bacon is cooked.

Slap one of them bad boys on a bun with some Whistle Berry's

Enjoy

Now that's a Sammie!!!

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

PensacolaJim

Good job. They look great. Did everyone like them?
Hmmm, wonder how good they would be warmed up.
Of course with your hot sauce, they won't need reheating.
Slow Smoked and falling off the bone, Yum!

Tenpoint5

Hot Sauce? I didn't put any hot sauce on them. A little flavor but not hot. Everyone liked them, but I have to agree with Momma who said" With kielbasa meat we should have left the kraut off. Have to try with some bulk Brat meat. I WILL DO THESE AGAIN!!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

PensacolaJim

I thought the Wasabi Lime Mustard was a very hot spicy sauce.
I might have to try it.
Slow Smoked and falling off the bone, Yum!

Tenpoint5

to some it might be but I don't find it that hot

KyNola

Looking good 10.5.  Nice variation on the theme with the Swiss American cheese and lime wasabi mustard addition.

Will try to get pics for my variation on the same theme with onions and smoked white cheddar added.  I asked Jan to get a dozen brats.  My kind of girl, she brought home 20!

KyNola

Ka Honu

Hmmm... spicy sauce in fatty or hoagie.  Brain cells mulling over what would go best with Sriracha (that Thai-style hot chili sauce you see in Thai & Vietnamese restaurants).  Answer keeps coming up "pretty much anything."  I can see where this is going when I dig out of all the stuff that accumulated while I was gone (finally sorted the mail today).

Tenpoint5

KyNola,
Your right, Jan is Definitely a keeper!!!!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on May 07, 2009, 08:08:47 PM
Hmmm... spicy sauce in fatty or hoagie.  Brain cells mulling over what would go best with Sriracha (that Thai-style hot chili sauce you see in Thai & Vietnamese restaurants).  Answer keeps coming up "pretty much anything."  I can see where this is going when I dig out of all the stuff that accumulated while I was gone (finally sorted the mail today).

Ka Honu,
Did you happen to take a look at your bottle? That wonderful red sauce is made in the USA.

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 07, 2009, 08:11:57 PMThat wonderful red sauce is made in the USA.

Good catch.  Sriracha is the generic name for the style of sauce - after the Thai city of Si Racha where it originated.  The brand you're probably talking about is Tuong Ot, a Vietnamese version made in California - probably the most prevalent in the US.  I usually have 3 or 4 bottles of different brands (some imported, some domestic) and flavors (garlic, lemon grass, etc.) in my fridge at any given time.

smokeitall

Looks great 10.5, I am going to have to give some a try.

SemperFiPhil

Now everyone's got me thinking.  Thinking that I want to try italian sausage with peppers and onions (and maybe a bit of provolone) on a good crusty hoagie roll.   ;D

deb415611

Quote from: SemperFiPhil on May 09, 2009, 08:41:27 AM
Now everyone's got me thinking.  Thinking that I want to try italian sausage with peppers and onions (and maybe a bit of provolone) on a good crusty hoagie roll.   ;D

that's what I have been thinking about too!  Smoked provolone!

SemperFiPhil

Dog gone!   After looking back at PensacoldJim's original idea... I will just have to make both... the Italian and the Beer Brats with sauerkraut.

Tenpoint5

The possibilities are endless on this idea!