• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleaning the drip pan, etc.

Started by Smokeville, May 10, 2009, 01:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

I'm getting tired of soaking and scrubbing and dishwashing the drip pan.

Any good advice on how to make the clean up easy?

Thanks, Rich

oldsmoker

Rich try a little out door grill pam works for me.
OLDSMOKER

kiyotei

I find that if I keep water in it, it cleans pretty easily.  It will never be shiney and new looking after a couple of smokes so as long as you remove the grease its OK.  Or do mean the v shaped metal plate with vent holes in it?  I don't clean mine very often.  I'll wipe the grease off if with paper towels if it builds up.  To really clean it I just use a metal scraper, such as a dry wall spackler and knock off the big chucks.  Then I wash it with soap and water.  I don't try to get it 100% clean, not much of a point really.

Gizmo

Dawn Power Dissolve works very well on grease.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

ExpatCanadian

I just give it a whack or 2 to get the chunky crusty bits off then run it through my dishwasher.  I think a *little* build-up probably contributes to the overall seasoning of the smoker....  over time your own unique flavour will be contributed to by this build-up, but if you've seen WTS's post on smoking his smoker, you'll see what (maybe) too much grease build-up can do!

BruceH

I bought a large plastic cat litter box (minus the cat litter!) from Walmart.  I put the bottom tray, racks, V tray and pan in the plastic box, add water and soap, then let it soak for a while.  I then scub the racks with a nylon brush and use a green pad on the other items.  The box gets wiped with a paper towel. 
Bradley Original Smoker - 4 Rack
Bubba Pucks, Maverick ET-73 Thermometer

aha638

I use oven cleaner and put the V-tray in a plastic bag for several hours (in the sun helps).  I use a plactic tub to soak every thing else in a solution of Powder Brewery Wash from the Homebrewers Outpost - www.homebrewers.com

Question, does anyone use something other that soap and water to clean their Jerky screens?

Roadking

FLBentRider

Quote from: aha638 on May 18, 2009, 08:47:51 AM
Question, does anyone use something other that soap and water to clean their Jerky screens?

I run mine (the high temp ones) through the dishwasher, after a soak in the sink and knocking the large chunks off with a sponge.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

IKnowWood

V-Pan, I just scrape the heavy build up and keep on going.  Its seasoned.  I cut opening as it gets closed up.  And if it looks real bad (maybe once a year or 1.5 years)  I just get a new one.  I always keep an extra on hand. 
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Smokin Soon

I just plop the screens and the v-pan into some hot water and some Tide powered detergent into an old cooler I have. Might get back to it in a day or two , put it in the dishwasher and everything is sparkling clean again. Kind of a lazy way but works for me.

love the smoke

After it gets bad 4-5 smokes I take my V-pan to work and hit it with the 2500 psi zero tip power washer comes out really nice and clean
LTS

carnie1

This is how I do it
   [url][http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9054.0/url]