How big is the inside of the 6 rack??

Started by wkahler, May 11, 2009, 04:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkahler

Hey i was looking at the Bradley 6 rack smoker, on the Internet not visually!  Was wondering how big the inside of it was, like how big of a piece of brisket can you smoke in it?  How big of a turkey can you smoke in it, and can you put a large bird in it if you stand it up like u cook beer can chicken?  Thanks for the help guys and hope to get smoking soon!!!
Bill
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

Gizmo

Here are the technicals of the inside of the 6 rack.

Racks are roughly 14 inches wide (left to right) by 10-3/4 inches long (front to back), by 1 inch deep (top to bottom).
The racks shelves have 4 inches between rails.
Inside dimensions of the oven are 15-1/4 inches wide, by 11-1/2 inches deep (front to back) by 26-1/2 inches top to bottom (top of Vtray).

The top rack has 3-1/2 inches clearance.

Total rack shelf height that is usable is about 24 inches. 

Now if you can find a turkey that is 24 inches tall, 15 inches wide, and 11 thick, you would have a very funny looking turkey but it would fit.   :D  ;)  ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

wkahler

LOL!!! Well the only reason i am asking is because i am raising turkeys this year and they can get up to 48 lbs, after dressing them, but i usually let them only get to 30 for the cooking aspect of it.  Sounds like the 6 rack is the way to go for the versatility of the size and everything all around size!

sherlock

lumpy

I've smoked a 14lb brisket, 2-6 lb pork roasts and 4 racks of ribs all at once in my 4 rack DBS.

Of course the amount of food took some time to get to temp.

Lumpy

wkahler

Well the biggest the elevator has heard of was 58 lbs but we are going to cut it off a lot less then that!  I just wanted to make sure i can count on enough room to smoke a lot at once!  Working on getting my Bradley ordered!!  ::)

westexasmoker

I've done 40 lbs. brisket in my 4 rack with no problems, except temp recovery!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

westexasmoker

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 12, 2009, 03:40:35 PM
I've done 40 lbs. brisket in my 4 rack with no problems, except temp recovery!

C

I just realized you were asking about a 6 rack, so I'd 60 lbs.....10 lb brisket per rack!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

smokeitall

Quote from: wkahler on May 12, 2009, 04:16:56 AM
LOL!!! Well the only reason i am asking is because i am raising turkeys this year and they can get up to 48 lbs,

Do you also sell the turkeys?   And if so are you anywhere near Missouri?  When brining or injecting a store bought turkey it seems like it is so pumped with ???? that if doesn't want to hold much more.  I am going to try to find a local turkey farm and try a fresh turkey, I bet it's a big difference.

FLBentRider

Horizontally, I have been able to get a 18lb bird in my OBS. I could probably fit two.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

wkahler

Well i am not near Missouri but i know what you are talking about with the  ???  I am located in Ohio, and that is the main reason i am starting to raise meat chickens, goats and Turkeys.  We are talking about buffalo but need to get some fencing up first to try and secure things before he hit that venture!!

smokeitall

Well good luck to ya wkahler, wished you lived closer.

wkahler

Well if you make it this way, bring me some wild game meat and i will trade you some birds!!

smokeitall

Thanks for the offer, its always possible.