New Toy

Started by Dex, May 11, 2009, 04:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex

I am now an official "Egg Head"

Up In Smoke

Dex,
congrats on the new toy!
i have been kinda curious about the egg, keep the info coming.
with pics of course  :D ;D :D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

bigcatdaddy

Pretty neat!!!!  Looks like the spaceship from the Men In Black movie. Keep us posted on how things go with your new toy.

BCD

Gizmo

Green Eggs are great tools.  Got to use one at BBQ University.  Used if for very high heat and made Naan.  The only down side I saw when researching them several years ago, was the brittleness of the fire box after it has been used.  Many of the posts warned that it was easy to crumble the fire box when cleaning as the high heat makes it brittle.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Ka Honu

Quote from: Gizmo on May 11, 2009, 09:55:58 PM... The only down side I saw when researching them several years ago, was the brittleness of the fire box after it has been used.  Many of the posts warned that it was easy to crumble the fire box when cleaning as the high heat makes it brittle.

That was a huge problem with the old kamados.  They were great cookers but once you fired one up, you could never move it again for fear of cracking it.  I think the more recent use of ceramics and other materials may have ameliorated the problem but it's probably never going to go away completely when you're using what is essentially a clay pot at high temp.

car54

I have a large Primo ceramic grill which is oval shaped. I like it very much.
All ceramic grilles are great for real lumb charcoal. Enjoy it.

Brad

NePaSmoKer

Hey Dex i mean egg head. Congrats on your new toy.

nepas

Dex

Thanks guys, I plan on firing it up for the first time tonight. I wont be moving it at all so I wont have to worry about things breaking.

Im testing it out tonight on burgers.... this weekend I will do something bigger and take some pics

Dex

iceman

Nice toy Dex. You're going to have some fun with it for sure. Happy grilling!!!  ;D

SemperFiPhil

My brother-in-law has the Big Green Egg and has had it for years.  I must say I have had many good eats from that thing!  Maybe one day I'll get one when I can justify the cost instead of paying off all bills so I can retire in 2 years.

Dex

Guys - I must say this thing is amazing. In fact, I just sold my Bradley Smoker!

I was able to control the temp in this thing burning lump charcoal much easier than I could on my BS. I plan on doing either ribs or pulled pork this weekend. I will take pics and share with you all!

Up In Smoke

WHAT WHAT WHAT?????? :o
Sa sa sa sold the b b bradley?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Smokin Soon

Sold the Bradley? ???  OHHHHHH the pain!! ???

Dex

I know I know.... I figured I would hear about it!

I didnt think I would want to get rid of it... until I used the egg. I really didnt NEED 2 smokers..... although It would have been nice, telling my wife that is another story!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Dex on May 13, 2009, 06:18:49 PMI really didnt NEED 2 smokers.....

Dex, Dex, Dex.... You're a guy.  Of course you need two (or more) smokers!

What if your matches get wet?  What if you need to use several racks?  What if you want a different kind of wood and don't have all those handy boxes of bisquettes? 

The list is endless. 

I'm disappointed.