• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Mushroom Sauce

Started by Tenpoint5, May 13, 2009, 07:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I made a batch of this again last night and put it over a pot roast and mashed potatoes. It was Awesome just thought I would share. This sauce is awesome on everything!!!! Grilled meat, potatoes, egg noodles, burgers, turkey, pot roast... everything! Also, you might want to double the batch!! ;D ;D
Chris

Mushroom Sauce

Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons butter

3 Tablespoons flour

1 1/4 cup brown stock or beef bullion

1/2 pound mushrooms , minced or sliced Fresh

1/4 cup shallots or onions

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 cup red wine

fresh ground pepper and salt

Directions

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; add mushrooms, shallots and or onion, garlic and wine. Stir in flour and stir until well blended and smooth. Turn heat to low and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly. (about 5-10 min.)

Gradually add the stock, stirring until thickened, bout 5-10 min.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Now that sounds great

I love Mushroom's

Now about the Red Wine. You see alot of recipes have it in them and they say cook with something you would drink.

Well I don't drink wine and have went to the liqueur store and asked what was a good Red Wine and have tried some different ones and to me they all taste like crap.

So what would be a Good Red Wine?

Thanks Curt

Tenpoint5

Curt,
I'm like you I usually don't drink wine unless it be some of the homemade stuff we can get around here. It's more like Brandy than wine. But back to the question. The cheaper the better I had a bottle of Black Berry Merlot in the fridge. That's what I used on this batch. It was leftover from brining and smoking some carp for a fella I work with. It isn't really bad stuff if you pour some in a glass and have a snort.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeitall

Thanks for the recipe 10.5, I love mushrooms, will def give this a try.

PensacolaJim

Great recipe, loving mushrooms.
I'll make it soon.
Thanks for the post.  ;)
Slow Smoked and falling off the bone, Yum!

Caneyscud

Quote from: OU812 on May 13, 2009, 10:26:58 AM

Now about the Red Wine. You see alot of recipes have it in them and they say cook with something you would drink.

Well I don't drink wine and have went to the liqueur store and asked what was a good Red Wine and have tried some different ones and to me they all taste like crap.

So what would be a Good Red Wine?

Curt.  Look around the wine store a little bit.  Try to buy something in a dry red and not expensive.  It's pretty easy to find an inexpensive Cabernet Sauvignon or a Merlot.  It doesn't have to be french.  One company might be Inglenook - they also have a Burgundy, that's not bad for cooking.  Gallo and Sutter Home are other labels that would be good for the money.  In the Italian section are the chiantis - usually inexpensive and good for cooking.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

This is what I have tried in a couple of things, not sure if it was considered a good wine or not.

Caneyscud

Definitely not a Gran Cru', and the wine snobs wouldn't even give it a sniff, but remarkably not a bad wine (I've had much worse - even my own Caney Cuvee') - and should be more than fine for cooking.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Up In Smoke

mmmmmm mushroom, Swiss, toasted hoagie and a 1 lb
Burger!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.