• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Whats Smokin This Weekend

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 15, 2009, 09:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I have a 10lb butt thawing for this weekend. Will post my usual pics.

nepas

smokeitall

I have 10lbs of jerky in the marinade right now.  5lbs top sirloin, 5lbs flank, two different marinades, Will start the first 5lbs tonight.

I also plan on doing 10 lbs of brats, none smoked this time, and 2.5lbs of snack sticks (if time permits), and also some Shroom Bombs.

Yeah I think I need a twin for my Bradley. 

Whats better than a Bradley?  Two Bradleys  ;D

I also have 7lbs of belly bacon and 7lbs of Habs canadian bacon curing but that won't be ready until next weekend.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeitall on May 15, 2009, 09:17:34 AM
I have 10lbs of jerky in the marinade right now.  5lbs top sirloin, 5lbs flank, two different marinades, Will start the first 5lbs tonight.

I also plan on doing 10 lbs of brats, none smoked this time, and 2.5lbs of snack sticks (if time permits), and also some Shroom Bombs.

Yeah I think I need a twin for my Bradley. 

Whats better than a Bradley?  Two Bradleys  ;D

I also have 7lbs of belly bacon and 7lbs of Habs canadian bacon curing but that won't be ready until next weekend.

Or a Bradley and a Traeger  ;D

nepas

deb415611

I think I'm going to do a couple chickens this weekend, weather permitting.   I'm going to finish them off in the Big Easy. 

smokeitall

I have been looking at the Traegers but I have to finish up my big brother bradley first. 

Caneyscud

Nuttin' probably.  Was going to get the Traeger warmed up and do some yardbirds for the office this morning, but has threatened to rain most of the morning and is currently thundering and lightning.  Got a Habitat House build to coordinate on Sat. then after church 3 softball games (2 rain makeups).  And when not doing that, gotta cut this jungle I call a yard.  However all could change, it is now currently raining, and is supposed to rain Sat.. - maybe I'll just take a nap! or watch old Johnny Carsons.  My daughter bought my wife a big box of the best of Johnny Carsons.  When watching some of the older ones, I have to stop watching them, I'm hurting because I'm laughing so hard!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

FLBentRider

I've got 13lb of jerky that should be out of the cure this afternoon, And I put 2 8lb briskets in the cure for pastrami.

I also did 4 candied pineapples.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

FL - do you like the candied pineapples better than the non-candied?  I just bought a cheap round dehydrator & am just starting to play with it. 

pensrock

Deb, I love dried pineapple. I just buy a can of sliced pineapple and place the slices in the dehydrator. Then I take the pineapple juice and soak apple slices for a few minutes then put them into the dehydrator. I have never made the candied style myself but have had it before in trail mixes.
pens

Up In Smoke

Lookin' like a 2 1/2 lb meatloaf in the bradley,
while that is smoking i am going to make some black bean
and spicy sausage soup!
and if i have time i am going to bake some bread.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

deb415611

Quote from: pensrock on May 17, 2009, 06:42:05 AM
Deb, I love dried pineapple. I just buy a can of sliced pineapple and place the slices in the dehydrator. Then I take the pineapple juice and soak apple slices for a few minutes then put them into the dehydrator. I have never made the candied style myself but have had it before in trail mixes.
pens

Thanks Pens.  I hadn't thought of canned pineapple.  I bought some fresh at costco.  I'll have to try all and see what we like best. 

NePaSmoKer

My weekend butt is done  ;D

nepas

Up In Smoke

Nepas,
Nice butt!! cat call- whistle- whistle. ;) ;)
the black bean soup is done.....(can't find the post)
man is it ever awesome. bread is in the oven and fixin to start
the meatloaf.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Smokey the Bear.

Bought 5 lbs of Texas Ribs ( Pork with no bones ), makin beans and 2 small roasts a pork and a lamb. Sorry no pics of before but will take-em when there done.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Up In Smoke on May 17, 2009, 09:56:28 AM
Nepas,
Nice butt!! cat call- whistle- whistle. ;) ;)
the black bean soup is done.....(can't find the post)
man is it ever awesome. bread is in the oven and fixin to start
the meatloaf.

:D  :D

And black bean soup sounds good with warm flour tortillas  ;D

nepas