Hi Everybody From Delta, BC

Started by chaz, May 16, 2009, 02:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaz

Hi everybody. Just bought a DBS 4 rack. I'm pretty excited. Still haven't unboxed it yet.
I saw somewhere that you had to season it before using. Is this necessary and if so how do you do it?
Hope to show you all some pics of my first smoke which will be baby back ribs.

NePaSmoKer

Hi chaz and welcome to the forum

Yes season your smoker. Put all the racks in, v-tray, bottom tray and water pan in. Load your smoker with 9 wood pucks and hit the  the heat around 200* Let the smoke generator cycle all the wood and season before you put any meat in it. Read your owners manual too.

nepas

chaz

Hi nepas
Thanks for the info and I will definitely read the manual first.

chaz

Well I just finished reading the manual and it all seems pretty simple. One question though. Bradley says not to cover food with foil in the smoker, yet I see all kinds of recipes like the 3-2-1 method for ribs where they are wrapped in foil and put back in the smoker.
Can you or can't you cover or wrap things in foil at certain times during the cooking process?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: chaz on May 16, 2009, 03:58:59 PM
Well I just finished reading the manual and it all seems pretty simple. One question though. Bradley says not to cover food with foil in the smoker, yet I see all kinds of recipes like the 3-2-1 method for ribs where they are wrapped in foil and put back in the smoker.
Can you or can't you cover or wrap things in foil at certain times during the cooking process?

Yes you can foil and then put back in with no problems.

nepas

deb415611

Welcome Chaz!

Here is a link to the faqs (put together by some of the forum members) on the recipe site  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481  I think the foil question is the third or fourth question down.  

Link to the recipe site  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Happy smoking,

Deb

RossP

Welcome Chaz, I am just down the road in Langley. Lots of
good advise on the board. I am sure you will love your smoker.

Make sure to check out the recipe site at:
http://www.susanminor.org/

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

smokeitall

chaz

Thanks Deb for the links.
And thanks to everyone for the welcome.

Bradley (Head Office)

Welcome to the forum Chaz
Or should i say neighbour
We have Chaz in Delta and RossP in Langley and I am in the middle in Surrey

Nepas is correct you can foil your food and put it back in the smoker.
We just dont want you to cover your racks or drip pan with foil this will block your heat and could damage your smoker.

Brian

oldsmoker

Welcome aboard and enjoy the smoke.
OLDSMOKER

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Chaz , welcome and good to have you on board.  This is one big smoking family with lots of great people, advice and good food!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

warba

Hey Chaz, welcome.

We're up in North Vancouver, so if you need any info on Canadian (or BC) suppliers of equipment, supplies, meats, etc. don't hesitate to ask.

Warren.