• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Dizzy Pig Rub in Europe

Started by Tenpoint5, May 20, 2009, 07:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

TDC and Manxman
I found Thorstens contact info. I said I would pass it on to you boys. So here it is. Thorsten is in Denmark. Hope this helps you out.
[email protected] OR www.grillservice.dk
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manxman

That's great, thanks Tenpoint5.  :)
Manxman

ExpatCanadian

Thanks for that!  I've had a look on his site, and he has links to Dizzy Pig, but can't see it for sale.  Manxman, are you going to contact him or shall I?

Tenpoint5

I have an email sent out to him from a friend in FLorida through a different site. can get the skinny on what he has available. Not done researching this just yet boys!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Well that sucks!! Thorsten just emailed me back and said he Doesn't sell Dizzy Pig products as much as he would like to. He orders his from a place right here in Iowa. www.hawgeyesbbq.com Now I don't like to keep you guys hanging so I have a call into them and am waiting for their FedEx guru to give me a call back to give me some approximate shipping charges for you fella's. Not sure how close you guys are to each other but I would order together and split the cost. That's what Thorsten said he and his friends do. I will keep you posted.

ExpatCanadian

Wow....  this is all certainly above and beyond the call of duty!  Thanks so much!!

manxman

Like tdc says .......... WOW! Thanks for the time and effort you have put in on this Tenpoint5, much appreciated.  :)
Manxman

Tenpoint5

Guys I haven't done much typed an Email of 5 sentences and made a toll free call for 3 mins. Not much

manxman

Tenpoint5.

You have gone out of your way to help and to me that just summarises the spirit of this forum ..... people willing to go the extra bit to help others.

Just nice, particularly in this day and age.  :)
Manxman

Tenpoint5

Ok the folks at www.hawgeyesbbq.com called back this morning. If you was to order a 10 pound box of spices it would run you approximately $30 for shipping. Since you guys should be ordering together to save a couple euro's it doesn't sound to bad.

manxman

That doesn't seem bad at all, seem to remember the DP's come in 8oz bottles but not sure if that includes packaging weight or just 8 oz of rub plus packaging?

Thanks Tenpoint5, I will see what tdc has to say as well.  :)

Manxman

ExpatCanadian

Hey guys...  sorry for the delayed reply, but my wife and I were enjoying a slightly delayed honeymoon working on our tans in Southern Turkey last week...  just got back late last night and right now SHOULD be catching up on work e-mails, but couldn't resist the pull of the forum for any longer.

Tenpoint5, thanks again for your assistance.

Maxman, I'll reply privately to your proposal....

NePaSmoKer

I have a store about 30 miles from me that carries just about all the dizzy pig rubs. If ya'll want i can pick whatever up for you. Dont know how much shipping would be or how long customs would hold it though.

nepas

manxman

QuoteI have a store about 30 miles from me that carries just about all the dizzy pig rubs. If ya'll want i can pick whatever up for you. Dont know how much shipping would be or how long customs would hold it though.

That's great NPS, appreciate the offer. Working with tdc on the best way to get some and will keep your kind offer in mind.  :)
Manxman

ExpatCanadian

Nepas and 10.5.... We've decided for the moment to hold off placing a large order, as I am heading home to Canada next month and will be visiting my sister who lives near Seattle and plan to have some Dizzy Pig shipped to her which I can bring back myself in my luggage to save on international shipping.

However, it's good to know we've got a few options for any future orders!

Thanks again guys for your help and offers of assistance!  :) :) :)