• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What's cooking Memorial Weekend?

Started by Caneyscud, May 22, 2009, 08:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

SS, gotta agree 100%.... the best wings i have done are a combination of the OBS and TBE!
Oh and lets not forget the Franks hot sauce :o

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Gizmo

Quote from: smokeitall on May 26, 2009, 04:54:21 AM
Hey Giz where did you get your BE racks?

Ordered from Charbroil.
As far as I know, still the only place you can get them.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

UP In Smoke , Always got Frank's in stock cause I can't find locally I buy case lots online! That stuff and my Louisiana Supreme Wing Sauce I'm afraid my garage might blow up!!

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 26, 2009, 08:52:59 PM
UP In Smoke , Always got Frank's in stock cause I can't find locally I buy case lots online! That stuff and my Louisiana Supreme Wing Sauce I'm afraid my garage might blow up!!
Nepas has a line on a good vent fan :D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

smokeitall

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 26, 2009, 08:52:59 PM

Not sure if you have a Sam's Club by you but my Sam's carries the Frank's in 1 gallon jugs, very reasonable price to.

Caneyscud

Forgot to put this on earlier - But this was Memorial Day goodies.  The Brisket was 15.75# so expected up to 22 hours but was up to temp at 16, but reduced the fire and temp and left on for another 1.5 hours.  The other stuff was put in after the brisket for 1.5 to 2 hours if I remember correctly.  Everything was pretty tasty.  As there was possibility of rain during the nighttime and morning portion of the smoke (and it did rain a little) I had to use the Bandera.  Had to use charcoal and Hickory as it was all I had - did not have enough mesquite.

Brisket with salt, lots of black pepper and some Cajun Spice mix.  Only trimmed some of the fat between the two sections of the point.

What the brisket looked like 17.5 hours later - not burned, but a healthy amount of bark.

Some slices off the flat.  Please note that you won't get the smoke ring with the Bradley - which is fine, it doesn't add any taste!

Some really good sausage, my wallyworld is now carrying.  Reminds me a lot of the Central Texas links - Highly recommend.  Also a four quail wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with some of Stubbs lime rub.

The sausage smoked and part or a dozen chicken thighs, soaked in some homemade Italian dressing and sprinkled with Tone's Rosemary/Garlic seasoning.

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caribou

Caneyscud!
All I can say is YUMMMM!
Carolyn

OU812

Caney
Looks like you had a full day on the old lump burner.

Every thing looks delish.

Havent had quail for a long time, dont see them around mutch anymore.