Can't hold off any longer in SoCal

Started by JimmyDreams, May 22, 2009, 09:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Quote from: JimmyDreams on May 23, 2009, 10:16:07 AM
Thanks everyone, for the welcome and invites! (be careful what you ask for!!) ;D

I'm still reading up on all the ins-and-outs of using a BS. I myself am new to smoking in general, so I've got a bit of a learning curve ahead of me. It doesn't help that I ate a TON of Chez Bubba food from Jim and Kirk over the years at the Indy 500. Their pulled pork alone is what made be buy a BS....now I have to try and recreate their magic! (I have assurances from Kirk that he'll help...let's see if he's as good as his word!)

I've got the OBS on the way, a sample pack of bisquettes, a cover (although I see now I should have gotten the larger cover), a set of 3 Bubba Pucks....all I need is a good digital thermometer and I'll be good to go. Any suggestions on a thermometer?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, ya'll!!

You have some great mentors there that is for sure.  I am sure you will do them proud.  We will definitely have to get another SOCAL Smoke going.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

JimmyDreams

The OBS arrived this morning (I didn't know FedEx delivered on Saturdays!?!?) It is now set up and seasoning. Later today, I'll hunt down the ingredients for a good rub, grab a butt, and start my first attempt.

I'm awaiting my neighbors head peeking over the fence like in 'Home Improvement' asking "Hey, what smells so good?"  ;D

JimmyD
JimmyD
Oceanside, Ca.