• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

LSU Memorial Day Mud Bugs

Started by Gizmo, May 24, 2009, 06:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Every year the LSU Alumni put on one heck of a party to raise funds for tuition and grants for those that are deserving but cannot afford to attend the college.
This years sold out event was not exception.  Great weather (except for LQ where 80 deg is parka weather) and a few thousand of your closest friends, free beer and bugs, well the pics say it all.

Our table pounded down the 50 lbs in record time.  Getting started.

LQ was here.  Just to make sure, she put her name on her cap so she could remember.

When you run out of wet napkins, no problem, white T shirts, or a friends, will do just fine.

The few thousand friends I was talking about. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

HOLY MUDBUGS BATMAN

If only i was there  :'(

Nice pics Giz

nepas

Gizmo

Wish you could have been here as well NePa.  I only posted a few PG pics.   ;)

NePaSmoKer

Reminds me of my aunt & uncles house in Baton Rouge, a table full of bugs, crabs, onions, corn, taters, lemons, And brew  ;D

We go to something like this in Savannah GA by the river. Or go to Tybee Island at The Crab Shack

nepas

Smokin Soon

Reminds me of somewhere I'd like to be!!! I'm working the whole weekend. ???

KyNola

Really nice Giz!  Gots to love them crawfish!  Looks like no one was having any fun! :D

KyNola 

Tenpoint5

Now That looks like a good Time!! I could eat me some Mud Bugs!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

It was, yet again, GREAT FUN!!!!! My girlfriend MJ said she hopes that Bob plays golf every year from now on so she can go back and eat bugs!!  ;D

Thanks again Giz and VA for the invite... ;D

NePaSmoKer

Bugs MMMMMMMMMM

I think i am a coonass  ;D

nepas

Caneyscud

Mudbugs, mudbugs, mudbugs - you guys there in that swampy area get excited over the littlest things!  Heck, we use them things for fist bait when fishing for smallmouth - sorta like eating a worm or a cricket - fishbait also!  Now if that had been a shrimp boil, or some roasted oysters, or some steamed crab, then, by golly, you woulda had something then!   ;D ;D

That did look like some serious fun, and hope ya'll raised plenty of money for the cause! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

La Quinta

Giz....we all ate 50lbs of bugs?  ;D What a great time... gotta tell ya...you were an eating machine!!!  ;D

Smokin Soon

If you could combine something like that with a smokeout, I would look foreword to the hangover!! ;D

Gizmo

Quote from: La Quinta on May 26, 2009, 10:38:49 PM
Giz....we all ate 50lbs of bugs?  ;D What a great time... gotta tell ya...you were an eating machine!!!  ;D

Either that or we got a light box.  Considering we weren't 10 full on the table, they sure did disappear quick.

La Quinta

MJ thinks she ate 10lbs by herself!!! Who cares...it was fun!!! And we all can agree....Fun is the best thing to have!!!  :D