• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky/Snack Stick Smoker

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 25, 2009, 08:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

My friend gave me this homemade jerky smoker. Its propane with SS bars to hang the jerky. The door hinge broke and the front door came off. I'm going to fix it up some, make a tall part on one end to hang sticks. Take the propane 2 burner out and put a 1 burner in and fit my Bradley generator to one end. I'm also going to put some heavy duty all terrain tires on it so i can use push it around in my modern rock driveway  :D  :D  ;D

This is the side where the lpg tank sits and the SS rod storage.

The inside of the smoker.

This is the top front door. I have the door just need hinges. The lowr part has a door that swings up for adding more wood to the burner.

nepas

pensrock

Looks good nepas, it doesn't look like it was hardly ever used.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on May 25, 2009, 05:17:27 PM

His son made it a few years ago for selling jerky. He was dumb and shot a deer out of season and was selling venison jerky at school and got busted. So he gave that business up  :D   His Bad  :D  :D  ;D

I'm trying to keep this one from my wife cuz she thinks i gone over the edge with smokin. Dont know where i can hide it though  :D

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 25, 2009, 08:35:07 PM

His son made it a few years ago for selling jerky. He was dumb and shot a deer out of season and was selling venison jerky at school and got busted. So he gave that business up  :D   His Bad  :D  :D  ;D

I'm trying to keep this one from my wife cuz she thinks i gone over the edge with smokin. Dont know where i can hide it though  :D

nepas

Yeah that could be kinda hard to hide.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

That's looking like a really cool setup. I'm looking foreward to the day I have the time to build some neat stuff! There are a lot of folks in northeast Michigan using a setup like that for salmon and Jerky. When I lived there in 78 or so. They did not have any 7-11 type stores. It was great because they called them "party stores" I really miss that now that I am a California Slave. Some of the stores would do meat processing for the hunters and would compete on the jerky. I am sure we have some Northern Michigan members that know what a "party store" is.

Caneyscud

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 25, 2009, 08:35:07 PM

I'm trying to keep this one from my wife cuz she thinks i gone over the edge with smokin. Dont know where i can hide it though  :D

nepas

All my "extras" are at the office.  Sure got some nice stuff here!  Just wish it was just the smoker stuff though.  The fly rods and camera equipment are not as usable here at the office as the grill is!   ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

I got the jerky/snack stick smoker just about done. I put some heavy duty 360* casters on it. I prob gotta get some bigger hinges for the op door, the bottom door seems fine.

I drilled a set of vent holes on both doors with screen. I might add more later

I attached my BPS smoke generator to the side after cutting the opening.

Here is the inside w/out the puck shield on.

With puck shield on.  I still have to get the inside cleaned out from the saw dust. The height from the bottom is 4" so there is plenty of room for a large foil water pan. I think i am going to mount a 100 watt light in it so i can dry sausage and make biltong.

After cleaning tomorrow i am going to do the first season. Probably on sat or sun will be making some sticks.  Yeah i know ts plywood but it aint going to get over 185*

I took all the old garbage they had in it out, the double burner, pan and the LPG hose. Cant wait to get this fired up  ;D

nepas

smokeitall

There is a group of hunters in southern IL that process all of there venison and put it together and have a big summer sausage grinding/stuffing party.  They hang hundreds of lbs of sausage in a old plywood shed that they made just for one big smoke a year.  They have been doing it for a long time and make some great sausage, I think the sausage is in there for close to a week.  With the low temps I don't think you will have a problem, I have seen many people do it.  Can't wait to see the pics with that smoker of yours loaded up, it looks great.

NePaSmoKer

Got the jerky/stick smoker all cleaned and it's smokin  ;D

nepas

smokeitall

Nice whens the first batch going in?

NePaSmoKer

I have 10lbs of sticks ready to be seasoned and stuffed, maybe tomorrow in the smoker.

nepas