cart for bradley smoker

Started by Douglas, January 29, 2005, 08:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

I,m looking for a way to elevate my smoker about 18" to 24" off the ground for easier access.I would also like to have a the cart on casters,so it would be easy to move around.If any one has any ideas or simple constructions plans,let me know.
Douglas

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Douglas</i>
<br />I,m looking for a way to elevate my smoker about 18" to 24" off the ground for easier access.I would also like to have a the cart on casters,so it would be easy to move around.If any one has any ideas or simple constructions plans,let me know.
Douglas
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Douglas,

Welcome to the Forum.  There are some super looking home-made carts on the Forum (do a search . . . check out Sauce Bauce!).  If you want to go cheap and easy, I just use a $20 Stanley heavy-duty plastic fold-up "workbench" that you can get at Home Depot or other similar stores.  Doesn't have casters, but I like it because it is extremely light and I can fold it up and stash it away easily (wife does not like cluttering up the porch when I'm not smokin').

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

I use a cart from Sam's Club   $49.95  casters and excellent quality made out of the same stuff as the nsf approved stainless shelves.  It has three shelves.  I would think if you didn't want the 32" height you just lower the top shelf.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Habanero Smoker

If you are a Sam's Club member, they have a stainless steel cart that is just the right height, and the casters on it make it easy to move over all types of terrain. http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=459&SearchTerms=cart . If you do purchase this cart, assemble it with the large basket shelf on the bottom, making sure to adjust the shelf high enough so that it clears the wheels.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nsxbill

There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Douglas</i>
<br />I,m looking for a way to elevate my smoker about 18" to 24" off the ground for easier access.I would also like to have a the cart on casters,so it would be easy to move around.If any one has any ideas or simple constructions plans,let me know.
Douglas
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font face="Arial"><font size="3"><font color="maroon">Take a look at mine!</font id="maroon"></font id="size3"></font id="Arial">
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1037&whichpage=4