Hey from Central Florida

Started by centflasmoker, May 27, 2009, 03:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centflasmoker

Had the DBS 4 rack about 1.5 years and love it! just found this site over the weekend. I do a lot of briskets and wings and just starting doing jerky this past weekend. Looking forward to some fun times here. Later

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Centralsmoker!
Fun times found here!
There are so many knowledgeable folk in this forum you'll be here everyday to learn and share.
Carolyn

YellowHammer

Welcome to the forum centflasmoker.  I lived in FL for a few years back in the 90's.  Moved to Boca in '90 (found out pretty quick I wasn't a Bocan).  Moved to Coral Springs and really enjoyed it there.  Then moved to Orlando in early '93 and was there till '97. Loved Orlando!  Then moved to Memphis where it's ALL pork.  But for the past 10 years been in Louisville.  I really miss the Memphis barbecue.  My daughter still lives there and I get my Memphis "Q" fix fairly often.

Being from the east side of the Mississippi River, I don't know a lot about smokin' brisket (beef), but I love to eat it if it's done right.  I just got my smoker just before Christmas and have tried only one.  It was acceptable, but I know I can do better.  I'm looking forward to participating in this forum so I can learn how to smoke 'em right.  :)
"Never accept NO from anyone who doesn't have the authority to say YES".  (Eleanor Roosevelt)

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum centflasmoker!

I hail from the West Palm Beach area.

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Welcome Centflasmoker

Welcome to the forum - jump in with both feet and wade in like the rest of us.  Looking forward to hearing about your way of Bradley Smoking!  Oh and seeing pics!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

sherlock

CFS

Welcome to the forum. You have discovered a great treasure.

Warning......This site is addictive.

BTW, I am from Wesley Chapel, FL

:)

sodak

Welcome to the forum...great place to learn and meet good people.

La Quinta

Welcome centflasmoker....I grew up in Daytona, lived in Altamonte Springs, Longwood and Orlando...where are ya from?

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ISUTroutBum

"Sine Cerere et Baccho friget Venus" - Terence, Eunuchus IV.v

centflasmoker

Quote from: La Quinta on June 03, 2009, 08:01:40 PM
Welcome centflasmoker....I grew up in Daytona, lived in Altamonte Springs, Longwood and Orlando...where are ya from?
From Houston TX but been in Longwood for 20 years now.

centflasmoker

Quote from: FLBentRider on May 28, 2009, 02:38:57 AM
W E L C O M E  to the Forum centflasmoker!

I hail from the West Palm Beach area.

Very nice areadown there. if I every get tied of this area Iwould like to go to Pine Island. or West Palm

La Quinta

I lived in a condo right off of 434 and I-4...sound familiar?...well...we used to shop at JOS Banks in that plaza...I worked about a block down on Douglas and 434 (brick bldg on the right)....WOW...how kool... ;D

centflasmoker

JOS Banks is still there. They did a tunnel under 434 @ Douglas for the Bike Trail. I live off of Douglas Small World it is... 8)

La Quinta

How very interesting!!! I was transferred in my job to California...but dang a tunnel under 434...holy crap....did they fix the I-4 downtown? Never really saw a way to do that really....

WOW, thanks for the "home connection"...really great!!  :)