• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cardiologist--Cures

Started by Pesu (Fumeur Pierre), May 31, 2009, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesu (Fumeur Pierre)

So on Friday I had a cool test called a Coronary Angiogram. The long and the short of it is that I can't eat anymore of gods wonderfull gift "bacon".
So that's where the importance of good ole Canadian Bacon comes in and Bradley smoking alternative, I can custom make it and hopefully get around the salt issue.
So question 1.
Are the Bradley Cure products full of salt and do you wash it all away after the curing is done before the smoking stage.
question 2.
While still searching the Canadian Tires stores in NB for Cure, I haven't found it in Fredericton, Saint John. Moncton, Bathurst and Tracadie. Is there a cheaper way of ordering Cure and having it delivered than the $19.99 + $40 delivery charge. just wondering? ;D

La Quinta

Pesu...you do cure the loin for a week or so...then you do a good long soak...(I tend to soak longer then Habs recipe...no disrespect Habs) but my husband had open heart surgery...it's the perfect balance of salty and sweet...hell...ya only take a little slice off anyway...

Or...even if you do a chunk...the salt is really minimal...it's a cure....not a full blown flavoring...try Habs recipe...you'll like it...my husband scarfs it up!!!  ;D

lumpy

I have 3 unopened Bradley maple cures that I can send you. Its not to my liking.

Lumpy

Smokin Soon

Pesu, lots off good stuff out there for low salt or no salt users. Way too many to list. Just search! And yes  it is ok to double the soak time on a recipe. If you are worried about salt content. I have a few things that I cook that call for a 30 minute soak and then rinse, but I do it 3 times. I use spices from many sources, but Penzys is where I bought my first batch. Hope this helps.