HOORAY MY VERY FIRST PROJECT!!!!

Started by Up In Smoke, June 01, 2009, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

UIS,

Sounds like it will work well.  I had a big Amana side by side I drilled two 4 inch holes in the side with a hole saw.  I was being careful for sure, never ran into anything. Maybe I was just lucky ;)  I had built a insulated box and ran pvc pipe to connect it to the fridge with a muffin fan and thermostat to control it. Use it for homebrewing and it works fine.

Mark

NePaSmoKer

Now what am i going to tell my wife when i have another fridge in the garage  :D  :D

Eagerly awaiting pics  :o

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Up In Smoke on June 07, 2009, 09:26:26 AM
Habs,
i think it is around 4 cubic feet and i will be using it as a dry curing box also.
i have it close to complete.
when i get a few minutes to do the photo thing i will post them.

That will come in handy.

I'm slowly gathering equipment for mine, still need to purchase a temperature control device, humidifier, and humidistat. I should be purchasing my temperature control device next week. I haven't yet decided on what type of humidifier to purchase.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Nothing to apologize for. I can't wait to see how you set up your cold smoking box.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Looks good. Did you get a chance to get a bigger ump yet.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Up In Smoke on June 10, 2009, 05:19:08 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 10, 2009, 05:12:32 PM
Looks good. Did you get a chance to get a bigger ump yet.

nepas
not yet but i am working on it though.
i do really think the cold air is causing a problem
and i think i will enlarge the vents in the bottom to create
a little more of a downdraft and maybe that will help keep the
generator burning.

You might want to call Dennis. He is a real nice guy and will help you with the generator.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Up In Smoke on June 18, 2009, 04:12:04 PM
Nepas,
i think i figured out the generator deal.
i did a run with crumbled Bradley pucks and the fridge off.
i figured out that if i have the lever on the smoke daddy horizontal instead of
vertical it seems to pump more air through the generator and helping with the burn.
i am going to try it again this weekend with the fridge running and see what happens.

It looks like you got it. I hooked mine to my UDS too. Going to put some smoke to the briskits tomorrow.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

UIS

Lookin good. Ahhh i can almost smell and taste it.

My neighbor gave me their old fridge that was in the downstairs. Its all metal insides. I think i see another project too  ;D

nepas

Peralta

I noticed that your refrigerator has a built-in plastic. This is my first time to hear this project and I don't have enough information before why they are doing it. Just like Nepas did, now I am so interested with it, I think I should try it too. Injection Molding Indiana

NePaSmoKer

I have a working all metal interior fridge in my garage if you want it. Its prob 30 years old with the small freezer on the top. Its 1 door and ugly green.