• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

difference in digital and original

Started by mikecorn.1, June 11, 2009, 07:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

???I am interested in a bradley smoker. I understand that if i put enough bisquettes for a 4 hour smoke,I can basically put them in and come back when time is up.  What is the difference in this and doing it in the new digital model. Does the digital model control the vent up top.  ???   thanks. new to this.
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 11, 2009, 07:02:10 PM
???I am interested in a bradley smoker. I understand that if i put enough bisquettes for a 4 hour smoke,I can basically put them in and come back when time is up.  What is the difference in this and doing it in the new digital model. Does the digital model control the vent up top.  ???   thanks. new to this.

No the vent is not controlled by the smoker at all. You have to adjust the vent. Always leave open 1/2 to full open, never close it off. The Digital is just the display. It still cycles the wood the same as the original Black Bradley. You still need to arrend the smoker, like rotating the racks and making sure the water pan is full.

nepas

mikecorn.1

:) thanks for the info. i guess being a newbee to this, i should just go with the original.
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 11, 2009, 07:14:26 PM
:) thanks for the info. i guess being a newbee to this, i should just go with the original.

You will like any of the Bradley smokers.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Another difference is that the digital has an electronic thermostat and digital display of the cabinet temperature. With the original you have a temperature slide controller (rheostat); which can require more monitoring to get your set temperature properly adjusted.

You can also time the generator for a set period of time. One limitation in the digital is that after 9:40 hours, it will automatically shut off if you don't reset it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Margareeman

Hello there, just bought my DBS the other day and i love it. Only had the opportunity to put one smoke through so far because of the bad weather here, rain. But I would recommend any Bradley Smoker.

chabrown

With the digital smokers, are they programmable for multi-stage smoking? Or is it just a single temperature for the whole cooking time?

Many thanks,
Charles

mikecorn.1

thanks for the info, maybe you or someone else can answer this. if the dbs has this feature, than do you really need to buy a pid.
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: chabrown on June 13, 2009, 11:49:31 AM
With the digital smokers, are they programmable for multi-stage smoking? Or is it just a single temperature for the whole cooking time?

Many thanks,
Charles

No the DBS does not have the ability to multi heat like start at 150* and finish at 225* The DBS is a constant heat with thermostat control. The use of a PID with the DBS will let you multi temp or constant temp (programmable PID)

nepas