• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Pepperjack Rolls

Started by deb415611, June 13, 2009, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

I'm doing a little baking today.  This week the King Arthur Flour Blog had a post for cheese burger buns this week.  http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2009/06/11/add-the-pickle-add-the-lettuce—burger-cheese-buns-dont-upset-us/  I followed this recipe (double batch) using smoked pepperjack cheese.  I grated about 1/2 and diced some though I don't think it matters which you do because it all became part of the roll.  I also added a couple minced serranos, chili powder, new mexico chile powder, onion & garlic powder.  

Haven't tasted them yet but they smell pretty incredible :D

NePaSmoKer

Deb

Those look pretty dang good  ;D

nepas

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 13, 2009, 04:52:59 PM
Deb

Those look pretty dang good  ;D

nepas

There are 17 of them bagged up ready to go in the freezer.  They will come out next Saturday morning ;D

Habanero Smoker

I saw that recipe and I was going to give it a try. Let me know how well they freeze. I was thinking of making smaller rolls for sliders. I also have their New England hot dog bun pan; I got it as a gift. I'm going to make hot dog rolls using that recipe.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

Habs,

I made about 5 dozen rolls yesterday

While a little different than what you will get with the pan (not the New England Style)  .....  these rolls were made with sausage in mind so a little fatter than you need for a hot dog.  I use less dough but make them about the same length for hot dogs. 

I used the italian bread recipe from The Bread Bakers Apprentice for these

Deb

deb415611

Habs,

With the exception of the cheese the recipe ingredients are the same as the Moomie's Bun recipe (also a King Arthur recipe).  Not sure if in the same proportions.  The Moomie buns freeze great.  I do them all the time.  

Deb

pensrock

NePaSmoKer

MMMMMMMM

Fresh baked bread  ;D   fantastic Deb

nepas

seemore

Damm those look great deb
seemore

Habanero Smoker

Deb;

Thanks! I may make a test batch sometime this week.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Habs,

Are you going to use cheese?  What kind?

I have made small rolls for sliders, they are fun.

Deb

Habanero Smoker

I was going with the pepper jack. That sounds good. I don't have any smoked, and may add some of my chili powder that is made with serrano peppers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Smokin Soon

I wish I could just import the smell of those beauties coming out of the oven. Looks really great Deb! Kind of reminds me of being at my grandmas house, as she was always baking something that smelled so good!

deb415611

SS,

You could have that smell in your house :D  These rolls are really easy.  It's a dump all the ingredients in the bowl, mix, knead, let rise, shape, let rise and into the oven.

Anyone on this board that does any smoking, curing, sausage making can definitely bake   ;). 

My baking tip of the week is:  Do not try to make a triple batch of italian bread in the 6 qt Kitchen Aid,  just because it fits in the bowl doesn't mean that the mixer will like it.  I was lucky & the mixer shut itself off.  It smelled toasty & I thought I was going to have to get a new mixer.  Luckily it came back to life.  I did get a "maybe you need a larger mixer" from the hubby though ;D 

Deb

Caneyscud

Man, those look good Deb.  Makes me really wish I could eat more bread.  BTW - pepperjack mixed with your biscuit dough is pretty good also.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"