• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First time ever homemade chorizo

Started by seemore, June 14, 2009, 08:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Greetings!  The Mrs and I spent all day and night Saturday making these.  This was from a recipe that 10.5 gave us.
One thing we learned, however, is that we will buy cuts of meat from here on out.  We deboned an 18 pound turkey, and that took a lot of time.
Based on 10.5's recipe, here is the ground meat:

Then we stuffed them.  We could have just bagged them, but I just got this new manual stuffer and HAD to try it!

There was a small amount left - as you can see by the photos - that we cooked up.  AMAZING FLAVOR.  So fresh - can't wait to make enchiladas, chorizo and eggs, etc...........
seemore

deb415611

NePaSmoKer

Very nice chorizo there seemore's

Now some warm flour tortillas and refried beans  :o

nepas

Tenpoint5

Great looking Chorizo Guys!! Didn't do just to bad at stuffing for the first time out of the gate either!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Chorizo, looks mighty tasty.  Not gonna be my next sausage, but will be in the next 3.  Haven't had Spanish Chorizo in a long time.  - lots of mexican chorizo though.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caneyscud on June 15, 2009, 07:40:12 AM
Chorizo, looks mighty tasty.  Not gonna be my next sausage, but will be in the next 3.  Haven't had Spanish Chorizo in a long time.  - lots of mexican chorizo though.

I second that caney.

Making me want to do some grindin and stuffin  ;D

nepas

OU812

That chorizo looks good.

I'm thinking scrambled eggs with chorizo wrapped in a tortea

drano

seemore,
Looks awesome!
Maybe I'll have to make a batch of that sometime.
get smokin
drano

Caribou

Awesome job Seemores!
Another sausage I'm going to have try to make someday,
Carolyn

Roadking

Looks real pur-r-r-r-dy. Don't you just hate it when every link looks like the next one to it.
What we need is smell a forum.....

HCT

Looks great seemore. I luvs chorizo. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

NePaSmoKer

I am going to make some turkey chorizo but i may just wait until the gobblers come through the back of the mound  ;D  ;D

nepas