• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

efishingbooks -- DAVE

Started by Oldman, February 02, 2005, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Dave I'm sorry. Maybe I've missed the boat as a child. I checked all of your postings. Your E-mail kind-of-gives-you-away! It looks like to me that the only reason you are here (there have been others before you) is to promote a book that you want to sell.

There is nothing wrong with that. It is the way I see you doing it! Why not just post a clean thread saying you spent this amount of time doing this; ask us how to present it to the group!  We are not a hard to talk to group. We are always looking for new ideas. We do spend the monies for things. Just ask nxsbill what it cost for the latest greatest Guru!---Some $600.00! And he is not alone!

Being up front with us really helps in getting us to look at new idea(s.)  If you want to show the group that your book is worth the time then I strongly suggest you send one to Chez.  If it is worth the salt, he might just promote it for you. H*LL he might even offer it on his web-site. Shoot he is a business man, who has promoted other products.  This does not happen fast with us. However, look at our traffic count. I think at times that every smoker in the world comes here to see what is happening. Why? The Bradley is the refinded smoker that others try to get their unit to do the same.

Dave, in the net world I understand this back door you are trying to use. Most sites have there favorites, and anyone trying to show a new idea is beat to death....<b>this is not the way it is here.</b>  If it was I and so many more folks would not be here...

Otherwise IMO if you will not promote your book with us then you are just another pass through. Lord knows we have seen enough of them....

Again we are not hard A$$es, but a group of fun loving smokers.  You can either join us or move on. This is your call. You got something to offer we are all ears~~!

Please look at this posting as not a beat up but an invite to dinner! [:D]
Olds.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

oldman, i went to his site and didnt see anything that was for sale . it was all free, also some very interesting recipes. you should check it out? http://www.efishingbooks.com/

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

Kummok

Dang Olds.....IMHO yer pretty hard on the new guy. (Yer too nice a 5 star for that [:D] ). I didn't read any secret capitolism plans in his posts or on his website[?] Ya had disclaimers in yer post, but if that was an "invite to dinner", I think I'd prefer miss that meal[V]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>eFishingBooks isn't just about publishing and selling books,</b> but also about promoting a lifestyle—the contemplative man's recreation—in print, on the web, and of course, on the water.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Dang Olds.....IMHO yer pretty hard on the new guy.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I was not trying to be hard. My only point is to be open about what you want to present.  If I came across any other way that was not my intention. These folks are in the business of selling books! Perhaps this is only to support their site. Which is fine with me. However, their site is layed out in such a manner that at first glance they look like they are not selling anything. I know that when you all go back and really look you are going to think that they fooled ya. Which does happen. It is just part of the net.   They also have a farm link listed. If you have a business web-site then you know the importance of that. Especially if it is reciprocal.

Again I'm not trying to be hard on these folks. Just want them to be up front about what they have to offer. This should not be a problem.
Olds

EDIT: Today just to CYA my posting I went back and took a screeny of the site. If need I can post it to back up my facts.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

efishingbooks

Dear Grumpy Old Man,

Sorry I missed this almost a year ago now. In case you haven't actually visited the site, it is totally free, everything on the site, including my Salmon Cookbook. As the tag line says: "For the Love of Books and Fishing!"

Prost!
Dave
www.efishingbooks.com

efishingbooks

Dear Grumpy Old Man,

Sorry I missed this almost a year ago now. In case you haven't actually visited the site, it is totally free, everything on the site, including my Salmon Cookbook. As the tag line says: "For the Love of Books and Fishing!"

Prost!
Dave
www.efishingbooks.com

iceman

Geez Olds, sounds like this guy is mad at you or something along that line. Oh well to each there own. I sure as heck wouldn't loose sleep over this one.[;)]

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!