Another Canuck DBS newbie

Started by Gman74, June 18, 2009, 03:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman74

Hey there, I'm from Toronto as well but live a little further west, Milton to be exact.

Just started reading the board after getting an early fathers day gift last weekend as my 4yr old daughter couldn't keep it a secret :D Yup that's right mom and kids bought me a 4 rack DBS.  This is a great addition to the Lake Ontario salmon and trout fishing I already do ;)

Don't have much salmon or trout in the fridge right now neighbor and I wanted to get the Braldey all fired up so we did 4 different cheese last night; cheedar, gouda, jalepeno havarti and emantol.  Not know how each of the wood flavours would taste smoked we just eeny meeny miny moed it and it up with Alder.  Smoked'em for 40 mins - WOW is that a strong taste.  Think next time we'll use apple or cherry.

Right now I've got 11# of sweet smoked pork ribs in the smoker as I worked from home today - should be ready to eat within the hour ;D

Should be able to contribute a fair bit on the smoking fish side of things as I"m a big fisherman and have several buddies who have plenty of experience smoking fish, none of which own a Bradley!

Got the smoker set up in shed with a vent to the outside, here's a pic

Cheers
G

aces-n-eights

Hey Gman, Welcome!  Looks like you've got a great set up there.  I have mine inside too, and it sure is nice to be able to smoke all winter long.

My experience with cheese, is that it's much better if you vac-pac it and leave it in the frig for a couple of weeks.  I know, i know, pretty hard to do,  :D  but worth it in the long run.  The smoke flavor mellows over time and it's really good.

Enjoy your new gift and we look forward to your expertise with fish and showing off to your "Non-Bradley" friends.  ;D
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Wildcat

Quote from: Gman74 on June 18, 2009, 03:54:42 PM
Hey there, I'm from Toronto as well but live a little further west, Milton to be exact.

Hi Gman, I live in a small community just outside of a town called Milton here in NW Florida.  Different kind of fish down here, but still good.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/