• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Gonna buy a BS but have a question

Started by simmy, February 02, 2005, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simmy

I live in an apartment complex and have a wood deck/patio. Is it safe to use the BS on it?

nsxbill

Absolutely.  It gets pretty smoky.  Make sure that is ok with your apartment complex.  If they allows barbecues, there should be not problem with a Bradley.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

simmy

They allow gas grills but not Charcoal. I have use a little chief here and they didn't say anything. I guess worst case I would have to do it out by the garage and after reading about the FTC in some of the posts that may not be a problem.

bsolomon

You shouldn't have any problems.  The exterior of the unit remains cool to the touch, and the burners put out only a combined 625 watts, which is about 1/3 of your average hairdryer...[:D]

Kummok

Simmy:
Just retired from 35+ years fire career.....I'm real confident that the Bradley isn't what is called "a distinct fire hazard", mostly because the fuel is sparse and "combustion chamber" is damp/smokey/confined. Anything's possible and EVERYTHING has an ignition point, but from a risk management perspective, Bradley's are low. That WON'T stop some fire inspector type folks though....some who don't have a good grasp on the dynamics of fire believe that we should all live in concrete houses, sit on concrete furniture up to our waist in water or AFFF.....Sooooo, you could ask local FD, but that depends upon whether or not you are a "Seek forgiveness rather than permission" type or not [;)] You definitely will want to clear it with your management and should clear it with neighbors (with plenty of offers of free sampling!  [:p][:p] )

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have use a little chief here and they didn't say anything. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If this is the case then you should not have any problems at all.

BTW Welcome to the refinded smoking world of the Bradley!
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

simmy

Thank you everyone for your responses. Coming to this forum really has made my decision easy. Seeing Bradley and everyone in here taking care of everyone is  great. It makes new comers feel welcome.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE
Bradley and everyone in here taking care of them

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

welcome to the forum!!!!!!!![:D]

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

MallardWacker

Shimmy,

I place mine on a cheap top from one of those plastic storage containers you get from wall mart.  It should melt at the drop of a hat, never has even come close.  Under the lid is my wood porch.  The only problem I have is the drippings from when I pull out the meat, get youre self a cheap throw rug type thing to sit in front of it when you are using it.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...