• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Second Smoke

Started by seagravedriver, June 21, 2009, 08:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seagravedriver

Success on the first one, now on to baby backs.  In a nutshell, all went great.  I am thrilled with the OBS.  3 racks of ribs, learned a few things, and I am going to do another 3 racks Monday.

Gizmo

Congrats Seagrave.
Good to hear you are on your way to smoker bliss.  8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

Yup, Ribs and Pork Butts are usually the first addictions.................Just wait!  ;D

seagravedriver

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 21, 2009, 08:57:59 PM
Yup, Ribs and Pork Butts are usually the first addictions.................Just wait!  ;D

"Hello, my name is Craig, and I am addicted to smoked meat products, it all started with this smoker and a Bradley website......"

Pork butt was the gateway drug, it moved on to ribs, "oh, I am doing it for friends and family, so we can all be together and enjoy".  Soon, it was late at night, sneaking out to check temps when normal people are asleep.  Later, cold smoke, attention to detail.  Then busted, bbq sauce on shirt collar, a strange rub found in the kitchen.  YOU WEREN'T OUT WITH THE BOYS LAST NIGHT, YOU WERE SMOKING! :o

KyNola

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Very cool!

KyNola

OU812

I think we got another one, my wife came down to the man room last night and opened the door of the smoker, stuck her head inside and took a deep breath and then just stood there. Then forgot what she came down for and went back up.

seagravedriver

KyNola

SGD,
Yes we are "enablers" and I for one won't be going to "Bradley Smokers Anonymous".  I've been married for 35 years this July.  Last week out of the clear blue my wife says "We need more pork bellies.  We need to make some more bacon.".  SGD, my wife retired two years ago after 34 years of teaching 2nd graders and she comes out with that statement.  Now ask me if I'm gonna screw that up. :D  The next week she asked when we're making more canadian bacon.

Call me a hopeless addict.

KyNola

seagravedriver

I had a successful night, ALL the ribs were eaten, every last one of them.  Including some by a somewhat picky teenager.  Already plans being made for Guy Fawkes day, no wait, that is in November, big plans in works for July 4.  This smoker is working as, well, it is just fun.  People coming together and spending time together, talking, eating, laughing, eating, and all. 

I almost overcooked the ribs, as I had a bit less than last time, and the temp was higher faster.  Still, a success however.  This is a great addition to the house!

Caneyscud

SGD, Congrats on the ribs - those and brisket, and now sausage,  make all that hard training worth while - no pain/no gain!  I like how you tinink!   But one question, what is Guy Fawkes day? 

Ky - ya'll got us beat by five years - our 30th is next week. 

OU, she's a keeper - if my wife had done that, after picking myself up off the floor, I'd probably be crying incoherently!   
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

SGD

LOVE THE RIBS

You no it's good when the somewhat picky teenager likes it.

My last one still at home is 17 going on 21 and she loves smoked whatever, when her friends are over they want something smoked.

Speaking about wedding anniversaries my wife and I have been married 25 years the 30 of this month.

Caneyscud

Quote from: OU812 on June 23, 2009, 06:45:34 AM
Speaking about wedding anniversaries my wife and I have been married 25 years the 30 of this month.
Congratulations!  That's cool - our 30th is on the 30th!  and still haven't figured out what we are going to do to celebrate.  Probably go to Atlanta for an Antique show in a couple of weeks I guess! 

OU812

Caney

The 30th on the 30th sweet.

smokeitall

So does that mean its your golden anniversary?   ;D ;D

Caneyscud

Quote from: smokeitall on June 23, 2009, 11:48:57 AM
So does that mean its your golden anniversary?   ;D ;D

Crap, you had me scared there, had to go look it up - thankfully only Pearl.  Thankfully I'm the only Pearl she needs (unless you count her mother whose name was Pearl), with my silver/white head of hair, and the fact she plucked me from the slippery, slimy, dark, wet underworld -  I'm what she got after severe prolonged irritation.  Nashville Nacre!