• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What's smoking weekend of June 27?

Started by Caneyscud, June 24, 2009, 07:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

OK, since the summer season is here, what are you all going to put into the smoker this weekend?  Or are you waiting until the 4th?  Last weekend, I did 25 pounds of sausage, steaks, shrimp and grits, fried bass, zucchini casserole.  This weekend is going to be a brisket.  My parents are driving in today from Texas, so I might as well make them feel at home.  It's the least I can do since they are bringing some of my favorite sausage (Kreuz's) with them and some - note this WTS - MESQUITE!  So what are your plans?

Smoke on dudes!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Ka Honu

Brisket and a batch of Tasso here.  At least that's the plan if I don't have to fly to Texas for some of Kreuz's Jalapeno sausage now that you've reminded me.  Also love Hot Gut sausage from Meyers in Elgin - a food group in its own right.

Caneyscud

KH, funny you mentioned the Elgin Hot Gut!  My sister and I were talking about it last week - I haven't had any since college days - 30 years ago - almost the same with her - we have been spoiled by Krause's and Kreuz's (closer to home or on the way to the Austin airport).  However, she did get to make a bbq trip late in the week- not only to Elgin, but also to the City Market in Luling.  They were both as good as they ever were - she reports.  I had to bow down to her while talking to her on the phone! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Gizmo

Jerky, Jerky and more Jerky.  Leggs Jalapeno brand.
Got to try out the new 80L that Mrs. Giz got me for Fathers Day.   :)  :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

RossP

Rainbow trout, turkey jerky and smoked almonds for me this weekend.
Looked in the freezer and Ihave at least one smoker load of
rainbow so its time.

Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

La Quinta

Just doin some Canadian Bacon....and some licorice stuff ( ??? ??? ???)...sorry to be the curmudgeon....

deb415611

potatoes, ham & pizza dough of course...............

I think I'm going to do a brisket.  I even  have some messy wood that I might use

It might be a jerky weekend too

deb415611

NePaSmoKer

Jerky 10lbs

Snack sticks 5lbs

Briskit on the UDS

Sitting in the garage watching the cool blue smoke and puffing on a Free Cuba ceegar and drinking a few silver bullets....................Priceless  ;D

nepas

westexasmoker

I'm thinking some more beef ribs, shoot they're on sale for 1.19 lb., chicken thighs, and time for a batch of ABT's.  Where's the weekend I'm getting hungry!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

KyNola

St. Louis cut ribs rubbed with Jan's Rub, sauced with the Iceman's sauce and smoked with HICKORY on the Traeger.  I apologize for posting about using the Traeger but it's a new tool and I have to learn how it works.  :)

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on June 25, 2009, 06:32:20 PM
St. Louis cut ribs rubbed with Jan's Rub, sauced with the Iceman's sauce and smoked with HICKORY on the Traeger.  I apologize for posting about using the Traeger but it's a new tool and I have to learn how it works.  :)

KyNola

Ky

I think your doing pretty darn good with it.

nepas

Smokin Soon

Ky, no need to apologize about the Treager, just do what I do and blame it on Nepa! Hope yours are great. I was quite pleased with mine. Hope to compare notes after the cook.

Ka Honu

Quote from: Ka Honu on June 24, 2009, 08:23:11 AMBrisket and a batch of Tasso here.  At least that's the plan...

The plan is working...

Brisket & Tasso ready to smoke earlier this morning

Right now it's about halfway through 4 hours of Kiawe smoke (mesquite, actually, but we tend to call it by its the Hawaiian name).

lumpy

Just finished off a doz ABT's stuffed with corizo.....hic...hic..and about hic....hic.. a dozen Bud limes.
Waiting for the chicken to finish in the BDS.

Have a good weekend all !

Lumpy