• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Brisket done early

Started by jdallinger, June 25, 2009, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdallinger

Looking at time constraints, would brisket be ok if I smoked early, then refrigerated, and put into the oven after a couple of days in therefrigerator?  I posted earlier on ribs but would like a success story for either done early?  Thanks.

Gizmo

I have done re-heated brisket often.  I re-warm usually in a foil pan with the au-jus it created or beef broth to keep it from drying out.  It is very good.   That is typically the standard scenario for me when I am giving or smoking briskets for gifts.  You can also keep brisket hot for about 6 hours in a pre-warmed cooler if you want to cook and finish early.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

When I am planning an event, I do the same as Gizmo; whether it is butt or brisket. I fully cook it a day or two ahead of time, then reheat it. I reheat mine in a couple of ways. Usually I will reheat it whole, by putting it in a foil pan with some beef broth, and tightly seal with foil. Or slice it first before placing it in the pan, then cover with an onion sauce or your favorite sauce, and tightly seal with foil. I use to use an oven temperature of around 300°F, but now use a temperature of 350°F to reheat.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)