• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Second Smoke "Ribs" tell me what you think!

Started by mikecorn.1, June 26, 2009, 01:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

Finished my second smoke. Made some ribs using 10.5's tutorial. Came out awesome. My wife and kids love them. My 6 year old keeps asking me for more, but I told him he has to wait till dinner.  Here are some pics.  This pics do not do them justice. The are juicy inside, i guess you call the outside the bark.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/mikecorn_1/Michael%20Smoking%20Meats/DSC00787.jpg[/img]]

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/mikecorn_1/Michael%20Smoking%20Meats/DSC00786.jpg[/img]]

Mike

Tenpoint5

Congrats on some great looking ribs. Better keep one eye on that little one he will be trying to snake some tasters every chance he gets. I am glad to hear the tutorial was helpful.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

mikecorn.1

Thanks, as far as i'm concerned, that tutorial should come with every bradley sold.  Easy to follow and very, very effective. thanks again. will post pics of next smoke, maybe some whole chickens.  any suggestions. do i need to brine, my maverick has not showed up yet.
Mike

twl

twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: twl on June 26, 2009, 02:00:37 PM
Where do you get the tutorial?

I would tell ya but thats a secret too  :D  ;D

Quote from: twl on June 17, 2009, 01:57:01 PM
So, why are you keeping the sauce a secret. Why do you care if your fellow Smokemeisters use your receipt? ego trip? Work? Are you making your living with this receipt? What's up?

nepas

Mr Walleye

TWL

Here ya go.... http://susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=920#post920

While you are there (the recipe site) have a look around at all the great recipes form all the fine folks here on the forum. You can also click on the smoker in the bottom of my post to get there.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Ka Honu

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 26, 2009, 02:29:42 PM...I would tell ya but thats a secret too

Too funny, nepas (but I thought only receipts were secret).

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Ka Honu on June 26, 2009, 02:56:04 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 26, 2009, 02:29:42 PM...I would tell ya but thats a secret too

Too funny, nepas (but I thought only receipts were secret).

receipts??   ::)  :D  ;D

Too funny Ka Huna!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 26, 2009, 02:29:42 PM

I would tell ya but thats a secret too  :D  ;D

Quote from: twl on June 17, 2009, 01:57:01 PM
So, why are you keeping the sauce a secret. Why do you care if your fellow Smokemeisters use your receipt? ego trip? Work? Are you making your living with this receipt? What's up?

That's Too funny should be over in the Funny Story of the day thread!!!

nepas
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HawkeyeSmokes

Hey mikecorn.1,

Good choice following the tutorial from 10.5. I did that on my last ribs and I must say, best ribs I ever had. Yours do look mighty fine.

TWL, your lucky Mr Walleye spilled the beans. Nepas does like to keep his RECEIPTS a secret.  :D

HawkeyeSmokes

lumpy

Nice looking ribs there Mike

Thanks for the picts!

Lumpy

mikecorn.1

Hawk, thanks for the compliment, I think i want to try 2 whole chickens this sunday but i dont have a thermometer to check on the temp of the bird. i ordered one online and its taking too long to get here. anyone got a suggestion as to how i could go about smoking 2 birds and being able to tell when they are done.  thanks to all. :)
Mike

mikecorn.1

thanks lumpy,    Even though i'm a newbie, im all about the pics. Just like reading an article in a newspaper or magazine. Pics make it better.    ;D
Mike

Smokin Soon

Ribs are just the best, just when you think you have found perfection, there is another rub, sauce, or technique to try. Keeps me happy!