Another Hello from Canada

Started by mikeradio, June 29, 2009, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeradio

Hello Everyone

I have had my 4 rack BS for about 2 years, have only done a couple of batches of jerky ( which turned out very well).  I finaly moved alittle ways out of town and can make alot more smoke without bothering my neibours :).  I have been reading many of the great posts and learning.  I have ordered a PID and a top vent fan, and am having a hard time waiting for them to arrive.  I did have one question , after you finish with the smoke and turn up the heat to dry the product out do you turn off the smoke generator?

Mike

Margareeman

Hello fellow Canadian and welcome. You will get some great info from the wonderful folks on this forum, just not from me at this time as i am fairly new at the whole smoking thing, lol. You will be quite surprised at how fast the folks respond to your questions here. Enjoy.

Gizmo

Welcome mikeradio.
Not sure about bothering the neighbors comment.  Most should welcome the smell and come running.  If not, they belong in the psych ward and you are better of being away from them.  They are unpredictable.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

dilly

Welcome fellow Canucklehead! 
As to your question, I would say yes to turning off the smoke and cranking open the vent.
My meat goes from field to table by my own hands.

lumpy

Welcome to the forum eh!
The smoke generator will shut off automatically when you set the timer.

Lumpy

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum mikeradio!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!