Are Bradley Bisquettes approved and safe to use?

Started by kataquaz, June 30, 2009, 10:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Do they have an approved seal on a bag of charcoal?  ;D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: kataquaz on July 06, 2009, 12:36:35 PM
Hey guys,

Well thanks for all the info! I appreciate your input!

I'm still wondering about one thing though. On the bisquette packaging there is no approved seal.

Shouldn't they have one?

No. All smoke produces some carcinogen, but it is minimal. The lower the temperature it burns the less carcinogen; flare up from grease is not needed to produce these carcinogen, but these flare ups do increase the amount produced. There is no current FDA or USDA need for approval. The warning is strictly a California regulation.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

kataquaz

-K-

La Quinta

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 30, 2009, 02:20:05 PM
Smoke; whether it be from the Bradley, or a charcoal or wood burning pit, will contain some carcinogens. The Federal government and most states do not require you to issue that warning; so the risk is minimal. That warning is required in California, but that put that warning on almost any product sold in that state.

California...how odd???  :D  :D  :D

Ka Honu

Quote from: La Quinta on July 06, 2009, 05:53:19 PMCalifornia...how odd???  :D  :D  :D

Well (now that you mention it), yes they are!

La Quinta

Hey Island Boy....I can make fun...you can't!!!  :D  :D  :D

Bradley (Head Office)

Ka Honu

Quote from: La Quinta on July 06, 2009, 06:52:55 PMHey Island Boy....I can make fun...you can't!!! 

The Sorceress of the Evil Inland Empire has spoken. Tremble mortals, and despair!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on July 06, 2009, 05:53:19 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 30, 2009, 02:20:05 PM
Smoke; whether it be from the Bradley, or a charcoal or wood burning pit, will contain some carcinogens. The Federal government and most states do not require you to issue that warning; so the risk is minimal. That warning is required in California, but that put that warning on almost any product sold in that state.

California...how odd???  :D  :D  :D

Sorry LQ; but you have to admit; it seems everything that is purchased has a warning for California residents. But to follow that through, you must be the healthiest state, by far. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Quoteit seems everything that is purchased has a warning for California residents.

I must admit as a foreigner landing on American soil for the first time for a holiday in 1996 it scared the hell out of me when I saw this warning on many of the things I wanted to buy.

But after talking to the locals (Florida) I soon learnt to ignore it and on subsequentt visits have paid no attention to it.  ::)
Manxman

Caneyscud

Duck - incoming tea bags on their way to the South Pacific!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

La Quinta

Hey guys...Cali is crazy odd...(I can say that cause I live here) I'm not sure Habs that we are any healthier (with the hideous smog areas) then people who live...well...anywhere outside a metro area...As I live in the desert...what we have is fine...fine... sand that blows...it it way worse for your lungs then smog...so as much as Cali's do the warnings and "what not" on labels...other then paying more for everything...we don't have a leg up on anybody for anything really...but we can spend money we don't have...that's for damn sure!!! (Can ya tell I grew up in Florida???)

I love the desert...but I got transferred here..."The OC" is better...as long as you have a beemer!!!   :o