Hello from Kansas City!!

Started by smokindad, July 01, 2009, 02:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokindad

Hello all! I'm a proud owner of a 6 rack digital bradley. I haven't really had a chance to do a "real" smke on it yet, but I plan on changing that this weekend. I doing a brisket, a couple slabs of B.B.'s, some Mac & Cheese, and some ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds). I know, a full load, but have been limited with space on my other smoker (Char Grill Smokin Pro). So, I'm gonna put the Brisket in late Friday night, the Ribs early Sat AM, and the Mac&Cheese with the Turds towards the end of the total cook and have a feast for the Fouth! I'll post some pics, as soon as I figure out how.

Smokin Soon

Wow! That's a pretty tall order for a first smoke! Good luck and welcome!

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome aboard smoikindad. Good luck on your weekend smoking. Sounds like lots of good eats and make sure to post pictures. Here's a link on how to do that. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11 Hope it helps and have fun.
HawkeyeSmokes

Caneyscud

Good luck on the smoke.  I'll be pull'n for you!  The crew you will be feeding will certainly be happy!  Happy Fourth - God Bless America!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

centflasmoker

greetings and good luck with real smoke!

deb415611

Margareeman

Welcome smokindad, good luck with the smoke.

seemore

Welcome!  Don't forget to send pics of the first smoke!!!

Gizmo

Quote from: smokindad on July 01, 2009, 02:08:38 PM
Hello all! I'm a proud owner of a 6 rack digital bradley. I haven't really had a chance to do a "real" smke on it yet, but I plan on changing that this weekend. I doing a brisket, a couple slabs of B.B.'s, some Mac & Cheese, and some ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds). I know, a full load, but have been limited with space on my other smoker (Char Grill Smokin Pro). So, I'm gonna put the Brisket in late Friday night, the Ribs early Sat AM, and the Mac&Cheese with the Turds towards the end of the total cook and have a feast for the Fouth! I'll post some pics, as soon as I figure out how.

Welcome Smokindad.

A couple of things you will want to know about the Bradley.  With a large load, it will not get up to temperature quickly.  You will want to preheat to 260 deg or more and keep the oven set point at max after loading until the unit recovers in temp and that will likely be a couple of hours.  With the Bradley, you are not rolling smoke the whole time.  Typically you will put a maximum of 4 hours of smoke on and the rest is just heat.  4 hours of smoke will run 12 wood bisquettes.
Hope everything works out well for you.  Don't be shy to use the oven for the heating part after the smoke has finished especially if you need to do multiple loads. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/