Tried Something New and it Worked!!!

Started by Tenpoint5, July 02, 2009, 09:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Was watching the Food Network and seen Giada making baked Sweet Potato Fries. I said to my self "Self We can do that but we gonna fry them Fries. Bought some Sweets.

Shed them of the skins and cut into fries. Which was like cutting concrete.

Dropped them in the fryer at 375* for 3 mins

This is what they looked like.

Dropped them all again for another 3 minute swim then hit them with about 1 1/2 tbls of Kosher Salt and about 1/4 cup Brown Sugar. Didn't measure.

Added some Grilled Motzyrelly stuffed Maters

Added Some grilled Country Style Boneless Beef Ribs made a pretty good dinner as long as you count in the Watermelon and corn that I added after I finished this plate.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

Very tasty looking spread there 10.5
I must try that myself.

Lumpy

deb415611

Those look great.  I was thinking about doing baked fries for dinner tonight.  I think I'll do some of them with sweet potatoes.

Deb

Tenpoint5

Deb, When I seen it on the FN Giada put Olive oil on hers before puting in the oven. Have you tried the sweet tater fries baked before? I know my kids loved them!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 03, 2009, 05:38:26 AM
Deb, When I seen it on the FN Giada put Olive oil on hers before puting in the oven. Have you tried the sweet tater fries baked before? I know my kids loved them!!

I have never made them. Alexia has a decent frozen one which I will use for a quick meal. 

Cooks Country magazine this month has a baked fry that I'm going to try.  You cut, put in microwave for a few minutes, pat dry, coat with mix of cornstarch & oil (maybe spices?) then bake. 

Caneyscud

Danged, I wish I lived closer to you 10.5 - that looks lipsmacking good!  And so healthy too!  That plate has many more veggies on it than meat! 

Deb, I'd be very interested in how your baked fries turned out!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caneyscud on July 03, 2009, 06:07:29 AM
Danged, I wish I lived closer to you 10.5 - that looks lipsmacking good!  And so healthy too!  That plate has many more veggies on it than meat! 

Deb, I'd be very interested in how your baked fries turned out!

Don't worry Caney I had more than the 3 little pieces of meat you see on the plate. I don't know just how twice Deep Fried Taters would be considered healthy but I did fry them in corn oil!! ;D ;D

seemore

They look awesome, 10.5!!!  But you neglected to tell us about the dinner!
Mozzarella-stuffed grilled tomatoes sound wonderful!  Did you coat them in oil before grilling them? 
I wonder how sweet potato fries would be rolled in savory seasonings and not sweet?  I must try them!!!!
Mrs

deb415611

Quote from: seemore on July 03, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

I wonder how sweet potato fries would be rolled in savory seasonings and not sweet?  I must try them!!!!
Mrs

I'm thinking chile powder

Tenpoint5

Mrs Seemore,
The only thing I do to my maters is rinse them off, cut in half, spoon out the slimy stuff, stuff with Cheese chunks, salt, Fresh cracked pepper and a little cali style garlic salt. That's it then cook indirect on the grill until warmed through and the cheese is melted. The mater will squat a little when it's ready.

smokeitall

Are those fresh homegrown maters?  I have only been able to pick one so far this year, everything else is doing good but the maters seem to be taking forever.

Tenpoint5

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there all

it is time that some one declares 10.5 a WMD ban his recipes and made trying them illegal for fear they may raise the cholesterol level too high.

Man I would love to see one of your recipes that I did not want to reach in my screen and gobble down. Great work there 10.5 and keep them coming.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mikecorn.1

Yeah, those fries are good, we make'm at all the time.  :P
Mike

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 14, 2009, 12:13:53 AM
Hi there all

it is time that some one declares 10.5 a WMD ban his recipes and made trying them illegal for fear they may raise the cholesterol level too high.

Man I would love to see one of your recipes that I did not want to reach in my screen and gobble down. Great work there 10.5 and keep them coming.

HR

HR you got me what is a WMD? I haven't heard that Acronym yet. How can a grilled stuffed Tomato be bad for you? Unless you eat three or four halves but then that is only 2 tomato's. ;D ;D ;D