• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First try brisket - WOW!

Started by Smokeville, July 04, 2009, 07:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

Quote from: Caribou on July 06, 2009, 03:39:48 PM
WOW! is right!
That brisket looks great and it's huge, too
Thanks for sharing with us...are there any leftovers?
hint, hint,
Carolyn

The brisket was 10.75 lbs. I have two others in the freezer --- one is 13lbs. I got them in a US Walmart Supercentre for $1.89US/lb. (I live in Ontario and a full brisket is hard to find). They were packer cuts, and I didn't trim them or anything. Just put on the rub, let them sit for about 20 hours and in they went. I never thought it would turn out as good as it did.

Gizmo

Sounds like you are in brisket heaven for at least a couple of days with more in the fridge.  :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

seemore

Margareeman

OU812

Quote from: Smokeville on July 06, 2009, 08:06:29 PM
WOW! is right!
hint, hint,
Carolyn

The brisket was 10.75 lbs. I have two others in the freezer --- one is 13lbs. I got them in a US Walmart Supercentre for $1.89US/lb. (I live in Ontario and a full brisket is hard to find). They were packer cuts, and I didn't trim them or anything. Just put on the rub, let them sit for about 20 hours and in they went. I never thought it would turn out as good as it did.

So you left the brisket whole?
You even left the thick vein of fat that separates the point from the flat?

Smokeville

Quote from: OU812 on July 07, 2009, 09:30:31 AM
Quote from: Smokeville on July 06, 2009, 08:06:29 PM
WOW! is right!
hint, hint,
Carolyn

So you left the brisket whole?
You even left the thick vein of fat that separates the point from the flat?

Yeah... I was planning to trim (and even separate) but the instructions kind of got away from me. So I left it whole. A lot of the fat rendered out.

OU812