• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

RESULTS of my 1st attempt @ the Bradley savoury summer sausage

Started by Gman74, July 04, 2009, 01:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman74

Well after posting a few quick questions here we got the 5lbs of hamburger meet in the smoker.  We followed OU812's directions of slowly increasing the heat by 10 degrees every hour to avoid not over cooking the outside.  Smoked it for 3 hours and cooked for a total of 12 including the 3 hours smoking and it's PHENOMENAL ;D  Thank you OU812 for you insight and suggestions ;)

Here's a few pics I snapped of my blackberry -

As this was the 1st attempt we stuck with the original recipe of 5lbs of meat, needles to say nextime I"m doing 10 ;D :D

Went fishing this morn and brought home a coho and king salmon therefore already gonna got the king in the brine for my second attempt @ Indian Candy only this time using coarse salt instead of iodized table salt :-\

Thank you all.

Cheers G.

pensrock

Wow, that looks great, I'm going to be putting that on my todo list.  :)

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

FLBentRider

Looks great!

I quit making a list to save the environment.... using too much paper....

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokeville

Looks great!

I checked the recipe and it calls for "curing salt."

What did you use and where did you find it??

Thanks, Rich

Gman74

I used curing salt.

I am in Milton, Ontario and found a place close to my work in called Canada Compound. They have everything.  1kg of curing salt was $3.25, it is a controlled substance here in Canada but yet you can just walk in and buy it, go figure!

Any questions just ask.

Cheers G.

Caribou

Looks great Gman74!
Smoking sausage can be addicting  :D
Carolyn

HawkeyeSmokes

Good looking sausage. Think how good the next smoke will be as they only get better!
HawkeyeSmokes

Smokeville

Quote from: Gman74 on July 04, 2009, 03:45:38 PM
I used curing salt.

I am in Milton, Ontario and found a place close to my work in called Canada Compound. They have everything.  1kg of curing salt was $3.25, it is a controlled substance here in Canada but yet you can just walk in and buy it, go figure!

Any questions just ask.

Cheers G.

Hi Gman74, I just sent you an e-mail....

Regards, Rich

OU812

Gman, that sausage looks good. Glad everything worked out for you, it's easier to say how to make it than it is to wright it.(for me anyway)

I feel a recipe is only a theme, which you can cook each time with a variation.