Bacon Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 06, 2009, 08:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

In my carnivorous quest for jerky i am doing bacon now. Gotta love the protein  ;D

nepas

NePaSmoKer

This Bacon jerky is taking some time  :o

nepas

smokeitall

Funny you should post this, I was just thinking of trying something similar to see how it would come out.  I am very curious for some finished product pics.

HawkeyeSmokes

Can't wait to see the results Nepas. This sounds very good.
HawkeyeSmokes

NePaSmoKer

Well after 13 hours the bacon jerky is done. It smells freakin awsome  ;D

I am going to do this again but different. Next time i will Reveo the bacon in a wet marinade, add 40 mins of smoke instead of 20, bump the heat up higher in the smoker from 125* to 150* and in the dehydrator from 85* to 110* The texture is nice, bendable and not over smoked. Now into the paper bag  ;D

I cant beleive there is a web site selling 2oz of bacon jerky for $12. What a rip off. I would much rather sell more jerky in the bags for cheaper and have happy customers  ;D

I didnt add any cure because it was cured already.

Finished. Kiki is going crazy smelling it  :D

nepas

westexasmoker

Nepas that looks awesome....gonna have to give this a try, I don't do much jerky (lack of teeth, this getting old thing sucks) but that looks to good not to try!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

smokeitall

Kiki is going crazy!!! Man I'm going crazy just looking at the pics.  Take two of my favorite things and put them together....yum  Let me know when its perfected.  :D

HawkeyeSmokes

I think Kiki and I would have a chewing contest to see who's ankles are gone first getting at this stuff!! I might have a chance because I'm bigger but guessing I am also slower!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on July 06, 2009, 07:03:27 PM
I think Kiki and I would have a chewing contest to see who's ankles are gone first getting at this stuff!! I might have a chance because I'm bigger but guessing I am also slower!  ;D

:D  :D

The jerky even looks and smells better this morning.

nepas

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 07, 2009, 03:23:47 AM

The jerky even looks and smells better this morning.

nepas

What ya going to have for breakfast?

Margareeman

looks amazing, I am drooling.

lumpy

Nice looking jerky there NePas.
You list for items not yet smoked or dehydrated must be getting very short by now. LOL

Lumpy

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: lumpy on July 07, 2009, 11:28:36 AM
Nice looking jerky there NePas.
You list for items not yet smoked or dehydrated must be getting very short by now. LOL

Lumpy

I haven't even started yet  ;D

nepas

Smokin Soon

That's got me thinking, what would be the results of just seasoning and into the Cabella? Too much fat to render? Interesting idea Nepa, let us know how it goes.

HCT

This is a must for me. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"