I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Started by Smoking Duck, July 06, 2009, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyridinole

Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Smokin Soon

Welcome back Duck! We sure missed ya!!

seemore

duck welcome back hope all is well
seemore p:s had to be great to your kids  also  your wife

Smoking Duck

Thanks all!  It sure is good to be back.  I've missed the camraderie that exists on this board.  I really can't believe I'm up this late typing...... I should be chasing my wife around the house right now  ;D  (That was specifically meant for you, LQ!)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

Reallly good to hear from you again Marc.
Sure missed your posts.
Now off to the bedroom with ya.   ::)  ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Quote from: Smoking Duck on July 06, 2009, 09:01:18 PM
Thanks all!  It sure is good to be back.  I've missed the camraderie that exists on this board.  I really can't believe I'm up this late typing...... I should be chasing my wife around the house right now  ;D  (That was specifically meant for you, LQ!)

As far as the chit chat...and friendship I agree....chasing the wiff around...eeekkk...just go do it...we don't need the particulars for xmas sake... ;D

Glad you're back you kook head!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Habanero Smoker

Marc;

Good to see you posting again. Welcome back.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Welcome back Marc!  Sorry things didn't go as originally planned but it's good to have you back here with us again!

KyNola

Caneyscud

Marc, good to hear you're back.  And feel for you for the jacking around they gave you - seems like it is the norm nowdays - have to fight for everything.   Anyways, can't wait to see your new smokes.  Get cooking man!  I just signed up for Ice Road Trucking, but just found out the roads melted - so I guess back to what I had been doing since they won't take an old man on the crab fishing boats either.   
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 07, 2009, 02:00:14 AM
Marc;

Good to see you posting again. Welcome back.

Thanks Habs!  I sure did miss learning things from you while I was gone.

Quote from: KyNola on July 07, 2009, 07:16:45 AM
Welcome back Marc!  Sorry things didn't go as originally planned but it's good to have you back here with us again!

KyNola

Thanks Larry.  Sometimes things don't always work together for a reason.  Maybe there's a good one waiting around the corner for me.  Hope all is well with you and Jan.

Quote from: Caneyscud on July 07, 2009, 09:37:54 AM
Marc, good to hear you're back.  And feel for you for the jacking around they gave you - seems like it is the norm nowdays - have to fight for everything.   Anyways, can't wait to see your new smokes.  Get cooking man!  I just signed up for Ice Road Trucking, but just found out the roads melted - so I guess back to what I had been doing since they won't take an old man on the crab fishing boats either.   

Ah, I guess it's an employers market these days.  I really only wanted what they told me they'd give me.  Oh well, I had absolutely no operator experience before this time, but now I can operate a backhoe, a mini-excavator, a skidsteer, ditch-witch, lawn plow and a vac-tron.  Never done it before but I like learning new things, so I have some new skills to show for it.  Plus, I fit into all my old clothes again  ;D  When life hands you lemons, find someone whose life has handed them vodka and get together and party!

Tenpoint5

Hey Marc,

How did O'l Steeler enjoy your return? After all you did take all her pups away and then went away on her. Being a Lab I doubt she had bad feelings.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 07, 2009, 01:30:26 PM
Hey Marc,

How did O'l Steeler enjoy your return? After all you did take all her pups away and then went away on her. Being a Lab I doubt she had bad feelings.

Steeler is quite happy I'm back.  No one else will do any retriever training with her, so she loves when I'm around.  Apparently, no one else will work on her obedience training either, so she didn't like that aspect of me coming home  ;D

She does get to see one of the pups every now and then in that one of the pups went to my wife's 80 year old grandmother.  He's getting pretty big (about 54 pounds right now).  In fact, about 11 more pounds and he'll be as big as Steeler.  Ironically, she's in heat again right now so I have to keep a close eye on the other dogs in the neighborhood.  She's got an electronic fence, so I don't worry about her leaving but I do worry about the others coming in.

I'm going to breed her again in her next cycle (should be early Jan).  Got a friend on here who is first on the list and will probably give the rest of them away again (except this time I'm going to keep one of them for sure).

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on July 09, 2009, 06:20:15 AM

She does get to see one of the pups every now and then in that one of the pups went to my wife's 80 year old grandmother.  He's getting pretty big (about 54 pounds right now).  In fact, about 11 more pounds and he'll be as big as Steeler.  Ironically, she's in heat again right now so I have to keep a close eye on the other dogs in the neighborhood.  She's got an electronic fence, so I don't worry about her leaving but I do worry about the others coming in.

I'm going to breed her again in her next cycle (should be early Jan).  Got a friend on here who is first on the list and will probably give the rest of them away again (except this time I'm going to keep one of them for sure).

54 WOW,  Saffron was 36 lbs last week and she seems to have thinned out a little since then so I think she's a little bigger but I don't think her weight has changed much.  It would be wild to see them together again. 

Oldman

QuoteI should be chasing my wife around the house right now   ;D

Look at this way... as you get older (like me and my wife) you don't have to chase or she does not to run as far as you once did and, <---->by the head Bradley office~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Consiglieri

Good to see you back at home, Marco. 
Consiglieri