I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Started by Smoking Duck, July 06, 2009, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Just a note to let you all know that I'm back in Indiana.  Still don't have a job here but came back because they weren't paying me what I was told I'd be paid when I went out there.  Sad thing was that I didn't mind the work.  It was tough alright and the 15 hour workdays were even tougher but I had to make a stand because it was a good difference in monthly pay when overtime was involved.  Been out of the smoking thing for some time, so please be patient with me as I try to catch up.

Now, just gotta find another job before the wolves really come knocking at the door.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

DDDUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! Welcome Back old Man!! Glad to be back on the home front I bet. You still have time to get in on Deb's Iron Chef Contest!! Don't worry Smokin is like riding a Bike You never FORGET!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Bradley (Head Office)

smokeitall

Welcome back friend.  What is on the agenda for the first smoke back? 

Smoking Duck

Not quite sure what'll be the first thing back.  I did do a bunch of pulled pork for about 60 people when I was up in North Dakota that went over extremely well (even had 2 guys get in a fight over some leftovers; silly rednecks)   :o ;D

deb415611

Welcome Back Marc!!

Like 10.5 said, you have time to get into the Iron Chef contest.  I know you can make pizza dough.............. :D

Deb

Mr Walleye

Sorry to hear things didn't work out as planed Marc, but hey!... Sure caught a nice walleye though!  ;)  ;D

Probably nice to be home too I'm sure.

Great to have ya back!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  B A C K  SD!

That sucks that your employer misrepresented themselves.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Thanks Mike and Deb.

I'm afraid my Iron Chef skills have all but gone from my repertoire.  Haven't done much by way of food lately.  But, I'll look into it.
Quote from: FLBentRider on July 06, 2009, 03:38:00 PM
W E L C O M E  B A C K  SD!

That sucks that your employer misrepresented themselves.

Thanks FL.  I don't think the employer was really concerned about it.  I think they figured they had me over a barrel.  Oh well, at least I know I can still keep up (and pass in most cases) the young uns.  Lost 30 pounds in two months and am in great shape now.  Might have to start modeling  ;D

Up In Smoke

Welcome back SD,
sorry to hear ya got jacked.
used to be you could trust some people.......just a shame.
now get crackin on the iron chef thing!
there is still time!
we'll get you that 30 pounds back in no time ;D ;D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on July 06, 2009, 03:40:48 PM
Lost 30 pounds in two months and am in great shape now. 

Holly crap Marc.... We might have to start calling you Slim Duck or Little Duck or something!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

westexasmoker

Welcome back Duck!  Good to see ya around again!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

pensrock

Marc, its great to hear from you.  :)
I'll be in the layoff line with you in Aug. Hopefully things will start turning around soon.  :(
pens

La Quinta

Giggles...you're here...I'm just tickled!!! Dang we missed ya... ;D