Smoked Pigs in a Blanket (The Lazy Way)

Started by humanpest, July 06, 2009, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humanpest

I previously searched for a recipe for smoked pigs in a blanket, and did indeed find a recipe, but it involved making your own hotdogs! Which is way too much time involved for something that gets eaten in about 20 seconds (They're really good...)

So here's my take on the recipe.
Note: I tried doing 20, 40 and 60 minutes of smoke and decided that 60 minutes was enough time to get that "Smokey" flavor, anything less and it didn't take very well/wasn't noticible.

Smoked Pigs in a Blanket
-Humanpest

Makes as many servings as you can get out of your package of cocktail weenies (Figure you get 20-30 dogs per package), This recipe scales ridiculously easy of course.

1 Package of Cocktail Weenies (Your favorite brand)
1 Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
1.5 Hours of Free Time

Preheat burner plate as per usual, I keep the smoker at its lowest setting, with a little heat for peace of mind. Most hotdogs are precooked as is, and you dont want to run the risk of drying them out as you smoke.
Smoke for 1 hour with your preferred flavor (I used Hickory, I'd think Mesquite would be a bit too acrid)
Let hotdogs cool if you used any heat for a few minutes (they cool off quick)
Wrap in pastry dough and cook in a preheated oven at 375 Degrees (Or as directed by package)
Serve.. Etc

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Mr Walleye

Nicely done HP!  ;)

Looks like a great appetizer.  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't