Baked Beans

Started by unclebuck, July 07, 2009, 09:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclebuck

For those of you who do your own beans, try a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in the water when you boil them.  While you might not appreciate the benefits, your wife certainly will, in that the "Dutch Oven" treatment when you bed down for the night will be thing of the past!!! ;) ;D  The soda serves to neutralize the acids in the beans that cause your bedcovers to mysteriously inflate during the night.
what can't be smoked can't be eaten

OU812

That will take all the fun out of it.  ;D

Nice little pointer though.

lumpy

My wife says that I have a problem ;)....I say its her that has the problem ;D

Lumpy

Smokin Soon

Naaah....can't break tradition!  :D

mikecorn.1

My kids think its hilarious, they say --- daddy cut the cheese  ;D.   My wife says, thats disgusting. Go somewhere else and do that  >:( .     Doesnt bother me none   ;D
Mike

unclebuck

Kind of drove the wife and daughter around the corner when my son & I would light them up.  The blueflame was awesome in the dark. 
what can't be smoked can't be eaten

Up In Smoke

Quote from: unclebuck on July 07, 2009, 03:02:33 PM
Kind of drove the wife and daughter around the corner when my son & I would light them up.  The blueflame was awesome in the dark. 
when i was in high school i had really long hair, got to lighting them things in class and one rolled up my back and set my hair on fire.
not real bad but enough that we had class outside that day! :)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

lumpy

This ia all too funny! We should start a new topic "Gas" ;D

I'm sure we all have something to add to this.

Lumpy

smokeitall

Quote from: Up In Smoke on July 07, 2009, 04:43:06 PM
Quote from: unclebuck on July 07, 2009, 03:02:33 PM
when i was in high school i had really long hair, got to lighting them things in class and one rolled up my back and set my hair on fire.
not real bad but enough that we had class outside that day! :)

I laughed pretty hard at that one, my kids came running in to see what was so funny. Had to evacuate the classroom, man I'm still laughing.  ;D ;D ;D

Smokin Soon

If we keep up this thread, there could be the threat of incoming teabags! ;D :D

lumpy

If so we will just hit them with gas........ :D :D :D

Lumpy

Margareeman

Can anyone say "pull my finger"???  :D :D :D

Smokin Soon

Can anyone remenber this.
"Beans Beans, the musical fruit, the more you toot the better you feel, so lets have beans for every meal"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 07, 2009, 07:37:05 PM
Can anyone remenber this.
"Beans Beans, the musical fruit, the more you toot the better you feel, so lets have beans for every meal"

My kids qoute that every time we have Whistle Berries for dinner except they say "eat more beans at every meal" for the ending
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

I have cleared a room or to. In school we had wooden chairs, something about the wood that amplifies the music.

Beans beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot the more you toot the better you feel so lets have beans for every meal