Greetings from New Zealand

Started by Blue Legend, July 07, 2009, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

Brandy idea sounds cool, but I'd rather just smoke the cheese and drink the brandy while the cheese is smoking.  ::)
Welcome aboard, Blue Legend!

Ka Honu

Spent several weeks in NZ a few years ago including a 4-5 day road trip through Northland.  Too much fun (and way too many really good beers).

seemore

welcome...blue good looking food..........
seemore

Gamefish

Hey Guys, I am Mark from New Zealand, live just up the road from Blue Legend and i am the one responsible for the V8 of Smoke houses (in the Smoke Genertaor thread), i also have a couple of 6 Racks cause i like smoking alot of food, great intro BL, it's a pretty special place here in New Zealand, guess we are lucky with the fishing and hunting ;D

Here's a couple of pics for you guys and girls around the world, recently Blue Legend and me went fishing at the 3 kings, 80 mile north of NZ for 4 days and believe it or not we took a Bradley 6 rack on board ther boat and smoked up a storm ;)

Enjoy!!!

PS just so you know 90% of the fish were tagged and released ;)

Habanero Smoker

That's is what I call some serious seafood. It doesn't look like that when I go to the supermarket. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Blue Legend

Great shots Mark, brings back those great memories, but i'm still waiting for the crayfish to come back (It is at the taxidermist as it weighed 4kg ;D)

manxman

WOW.......... don't know whether to laugh or cry looking at pics like that!!  ::)

Superb fishing, the crying comes from jealousy as obviously NZ have looked after the fish in their waters unlike the Brits who sold out to Europe many years ago and have paid a heavy price.  >:(

Got a Maori friend who says that bag limits are quite tight in NZ, is that right?  :)
Manxman

Mr Walleye

Awesome pictures Mark!  8)

The only thing missing in the pictures is.... Me!  ;)  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

justpete

OU812

Holy crap that would be fun.
Nice pictures there.

aces-n-eights

Wow nice fish!  We had the pleasure of visiting NZ a couple of years ago when our daughter was in a study abroad program - a semester at the Univ of Canterbury in Christchurch.  We spent our time on the South Island, but it sure looks like we need to come back and do a little fishing.

Great country you got there, and welcome to the forum!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

La Quinta

HOLY CHIT THE BED....AMAZING...FREAKING AMAZING....I don't think I can say anymore....I am speechless.... :)

Blue Legend

Quote from: aces-n-eights on July 09, 2009, 09:01:36 AM
Wow nice fish!  We had the pleasure of visiting NZ a couple of years ago when our daughter was in a study abroad program - a semester at the Univ of Canterbury in Christchurch.  We spent our time on the South Island, but it sure looks like we need to come back and do a little fishing.

Great country you got there, and welcome to the forum!

Make sure you go to the North Island if you come back, the fishing is way better and the fish much bigger

La Quinta

Bigger Fish??? Bigger Fish??? Dang dude...you guys are hard core fisherman!!!  ;D

Blue Legend

I've posted some more photos in the "Hot smoking and BBQing" section under subject "photo's" take a look :D