Greetings from New Zealand

Started by Blue Legend, July 07, 2009, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Legend

Hi guys, my name is Richard and I live in New Zealand. I am 36 years old, have a wife and 2 children.  I have had my Bradley 6 rack digital for about 6 months now and have just discovered this site. I plan on sharing some of my recipes and findings and hopefully learn from you guys as well.

Cheers
Richard

La Quinta

Hopefully you can teach us how to smoke that lamb you all are famous for...I've been scared to do it...so...teach us some stuff!!! Hubby says you're an Anzac...He's a Brit... ;D

Gizmo

Awesome Richard and welcome to the site.  Do hang around and check out the recipe site from the link below my post.  Lots of great projects and info there.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Ka Honu

Quote from: La Quinta on July 07, 2009, 08:38:23 PMHopefully you can teach us how to smoke that lamb you all are famous for...

Be careful, LQ.  When a Kiwi says, "Where's the sheep?" he may not be looking to smoke it.

La Quinta

Dang Ka Honu....I'm not sure he's a kiwi to start.... ???

Ka Honu

"Kiwi" is a generally accepted nickname for all New Zealanders.  Originally came from the NZ military contingent back in the Boer War and as part of the Anzac in WWI because the kiwi (bird) was part of their regimental insignia.

Kiwis maintain that Aussies are the ones who have "personal relationships" with their sheep.  Aussies feel otherwise.

Blue Legend

Quote from: Ka Honu on July 08, 2009, 02:00:17 AM
[color=blue
Kiwis maintain that Aussies are the ones who have "personal relationships" with their sheep.  [/color]

Couldn't have said it better myself, it is ndeed the Aussies that are commonly reffered to as "sheepshaggers"

Heres a sample of some smoking I have done

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36529&title=what-i-smoked-today

Enjoy

deb415611

Margareeman

Welcome and enjoy the site, those mussels, did you just crack them open, leave them on the half shell and place them in the smoker like that? Looks very good.

beefmann

smokeitall

Welcome Blue, looks like you will fit in just fine here.

Caneyscud

Welcome to the forum Richard.  Ahh,  Greenshell NZ mussels.  Great eats.  We have a Chinese Buffet that has those on the line in the evening.  I've been known to down a dozen or two or three!  BTW, I've been dying to try some of your trout fishing (incurable).  Coming soon, if and when the economy gets better and I start getting a full salary again!  Never talked to anyone doing any saltwater fishing there - how is it?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Blue Legend!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ka Honu

Love the idea of soaking cheese in brandy before smoking - will have to try it on my next batch.

Where in NZ are you?

Blue Legend

I'm just North of Auckland in the North Island. We live on a Peninsula and are 1 mile from a boat ramp either side. The saltwater fishing here is great, and regularly catch snapper up to 12lb