Jerky For A Friend

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 09, 2009, 04:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I have a friend in SD.......................yeah i know i have 1  :D  :D He wanted some jerky smoked with mesquite  ???   WHY

Anyways here it is.

nepas

westexasmoker

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 09, 2009, 04:41:09 AM
He wanted some jerky smoked with mesquite  ???   WHY

nepas

I know why!!!!    ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Well i got over half of the jerky done. Some of the other slices are kinda thick and taking longer.

Cooling then brown bag and another rest.

nepas

Blue Legend

Awesome, Nepas, do you let it rest before you eat it?  How long?  Sometimes i'm eating it straight out of the Bradley :D What sort of flavours do you use to marinade/cure it in first and for how long?  I normally cure/marinade for about 3 days before jerking, just curios to see how you guys do it in that part of the world.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Blue Legend on July 09, 2009, 12:51:16 PM
Awesome, Nepas, do you let it rest before you eat it?  How long?  Sometimes i'm eating it straight out of the Bradley :D What sort of flavours do you use to marinade/cure it in first and for how long?  I normally cure/marinade for about 3 days before jerking, just curios to see how you guys do it in that part of the world.

Most of the time i just use a regular soy or teriyaki marinade. I hardly marinade over 12 hrs. Most of the time i use my Reveo and vac marinade for 20 mins.

The meat will only take so much marinade if you let it sit.

I let the jerky rest for a few hours before i pack it. Dont get to eat much cuz i'm always making for others  ;D  :D

nepas

pensrock

Nepas, I noticed most of that jerky is defective and you should not send it to a friend. It has holes in it, you better send all of the jerky with hole in to me for proper disposal.  ;) ;D

Looks good enough to eat!  :)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on July 09, 2009, 04:11:35 PM
Nepas, I noticed most of that jerky is defective and you should not send it to a friend. It has holes in it, you better send all of the jerky with hole in to me for proper disposal.  ;) ;D

Looks good enough to eat!  :)

pens all ya gotta do is come on over and eat some. I think my ol BS even after the new parts i put into it is on its last leg.

nepas