Really good hamburgers!

Started by seemore, July 10, 2009, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Scott and I have a file of "tried & true" recipes that we resort to from time to time.
This recipe is from an issue of A Taste of Home magazine from about 10 years ago.
It has been quite a while since I made these.  They were so good!!

Korean Beef Patties
1 lb ground beef
4 T soy sauce
2 T sugar
1 T toasted sesame seeds, crushed
1 T toasted sesame seed oil
2 1/2 T chopped green onion
1T garlic, minced
Black pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients.  Form into four balls and flatten into patties.  Broil, grill, or pan-fry until done.

You could substitute spicy sesame oil for the regular.  I almost put some kimchee on the buns, but at the last minute I did not.

If you want, give this recipe a try!

June

BigJohnT

That looks real good. I wonder what the sugar brings to the party?

John

seemore

Hey, Big, I think it kind of gives it that oriental flavor - the only term I can think of is teriyaki, but I know that is Japanese.
The burgers themselves are incredibly moist - no doubt due to the sesame oil.

NePaSmoKer

Thanks seemore's

I am going to try these burgers.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Should have put the Kimchee on the bun!! I love Kimchee used to have a recipe to make it but it disappeared after the practice marriage was over. Think the ex took it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

I put Kimchee on Burgers, Steaks and eat it as a relish or condiment on many things. I must be one of few, because when I do put it out for others, they do not give it a chance. Too bad cause in this area we have the Korean, Viet, and Chinese availible in just the heat you want. I have friends that say "No I just dont do cabbage". ......Too bad for them!

BigJohnT

I think I'm going to try that recipe as meat balls...

John

3rensho

Yeah, I'd go with the kimchee too on the burger. 
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

seemore

Big John, let me know how those meat balls turn out!  That would be perfect to take the office on a food day.
And yes, I SHOULD HAVE put kimchee on the buns.......... :-[

BigJohnT

seemore,

The meat balls did not last long  ;D thanks for sharing the recipe. I browned them in a skillet on medium heat then lowered the heat to low to finish cooking them so I did not burn the sugar. They are on our favorite list now. The wife wants to make another batch today as we didn't get many from last night...

John

seemore

I'm glad to hear that!  I am going to have to make those meatballs one of these days.

Smokin Soon

Just chuck some Kimchee into anyones next batch of sausauge. Let the grinder do the mixing. It's not the heat but the spices!.

OU812

The recipe does sound good, even the meat balls, maybe through on some red sauce but what the he11 is Kimchee?

Mr Walleye

Quote from: OU812 on July 14, 2009, 06:12:58 AM
The recipe does sound good, even the meat balls, maybe through on some red sauce but what the he11 is Kimchee?

Well... Back when I went to school there was this girl....

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

mikecorn.1

I think is fermented cabbage. Old school way of doing it is sticking it in a jar and burring in the ground. Smells like pure shi---takkee mushrooms.
Mike