Newbie living in Hawaii

Started by jshiver15, July 11, 2009, 10:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jshiver15

What's up, everyone?  I'm in the market for a smoker and the Original Bradley has come highly recommended.  In all honesty, I know NOTHING about smoking except that it tastes so much better.  So, where do I start?  Thanks for any suggestions!

Ka Honu

Talk about an open-ended question!  I think the best advice may be to consider where you want to start in terms of what you'll be smoking, how much of it, and go from there.  To get a better idea of what you'll be most comfortable with, devote a day or so to reading up on the subject here and in other forums,blogs, etc., as well as finding and talking to people who have different setups to see what best matches your desires/requirements.

Having said that, he OBS is probably as good a combination of versatility, quality, value, and ease of use that you're going to find.  You can always add "enhancements" later (or upgrade) as your smoking styles "gel." 

Where in Hawaii do you live?

mikecorn.1

Newbie here, I started with a 4 rack digital and a maverick et-73. Seems to be all i need for now since im jsut starting. It will smoke plenty of food.
Mike

Blue Legend

I just went straight out for the 6 rack digital and have absolutely no regrets ;D, always found it better to have more than enough room than not enough

Smokin Soon

JS, you have already started. If you have the time to do some reading here and on our recipe sight you will just unpack it , season it, and get smokin!

Habanero Smoker

You may want to take a look at the recipe site; it was set up to help beginners, and the more experience to get more out of their smoker. Here are a few links, but take some time to look at the recipes.

From the Bradley Forum Smoker Forum

Bradley Smoker FAQ's

Bradley Smoker Information

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there

I have been smoking for some time now using charcoal and I discovered that I love the smoked food with the work and thus decided to go for an electric smoker. After tedious research I decided on the BDS 6 racks and here I have to agree with Blue Legend Go for the 6 racks smoker. It is better to have it and not need it rather that need it and not have it.

To help you review and get convinced please cu and past this link:

www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/smokers/electric_smokers.html

Good luck

HR

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.